Sigh, I guess I'll have to actually learn something (wiring diagram)

davem222

davem222
Reaction score
This is a real shot in the dark here, but does anyone happen to have a simplified wiring diagram for a 79 2F that's got headlight, tail light, turn signals (without the self cancelling feature), no starter (kick only), pamco ignition and everything else stock (stock controls at the handlebars, etc.)? If you have one with all that and a combined reg/rect that's cool too as I'm more than happy to pop for one. Would love to build my own harness but don't really have the know-how. If no one has a wiring diag like that just kinda hanging around, could you point me to a book or web resource or something that would help me understand how to devise my own diagram? Grazi.

Dave

just a thought, since you're leaving so many stock items, why not just use the stock harness, and omit he stuff that goes to the starter? then, install the Pamco via the instructions. Otherwise that loooooong "some wiring diagrams" thread has tons upon tons of info.
Are you keeping it a stock-looking bike?
good luck!
:)

That's what I was going to do, but the more I think about it, the more I think I want to try to clean it up and delete all the things I'm going to delete and don't need. Besides, I'd like to swap out the regulator and rectifier for a dual reg/rec. Would also love to learn about the wiring on these bikes.

Dave

Back