small battery

Yep, they work fine. The only thing is they will go flat quickly if you leave your lights or key in the on position without the engine running.

Hey thanks so much James!!! I find it funny about the key thing 'cuz I am real picky about that. I turn the key on a second before I kick and right off when I kill the engine.

Ok, I don't want to sound stupid, but it can run my TCI and my bike will charge it, correct? I don't need to use something else to charge it each time? I've just been re-reading and Bighamms said his wouldn't charge and you suggested charging it a seperate way.

I run my tci and this same battery. the ignition is seperate from the charging system, so it will be fine. The other guy was talking about using a battery charger, and AGM batteries need to be charged like how I said when they go completely flat sometimes, but everytime i killed mine, I just hooked it up to the charger like normal and it charged up fine.

Just ordered two of these bastards. Prob going to keep an extra on me for a while, until I confirm my charging system is ample enough to run with such low AH battery support.

Want to do the small batt. thing but can it handle headlight, tail, kick only, & pamco elec.ignition?

Ive been running one of these small bats. for two years now with no problem, gotta say the price is right.
I run two in the electrical box of my Brat one is wired up all the time, the other lying next to it fully charged so if the one im running goes out all I have to do is lift the seat and switch wires to the fully charged extra. "NO WORRIES"

Ive been running one of these small bats. for two years now with no problem, gotta say the price is right.
I run two in the electrical box of my Brat one is wired up all the time, the other lying next to it fully charged so if the one im running goes out all I have to do is lift the seat and switch wires to the fully charged extra. "NO WORRIES"

Same. In over a year I have only died once, after letting it idle for 5-10 minutes with the headlight on. I am not responsible about keeping it charged, too. And yes, I have an electronic ignition.

Just wondering..................why use one of these small batteries when you could just use a capacitor for the same price?? What's the advantage of one over the other?

In some states the lights must light without the bike running for a certain amount of time, Part of the annual safet inspection. A cap won't do that.
Leo

Fair enough.............I've been using one of those small 0.8ah batteries with my PMA but it seems to me that a capacitor would make more sense. If I ever forgot to turn the key off, my battery would be toast almost instantly. With a capacitor, I could kick the bike over, charge the cap and be on my way. I guess this also explains why some use both inline..........

The force is strong in you lot...........

What about batteries that are capable of being mounted on their side? Does this need to be a gel battery? I'm looking for one about stock size or smaller that I can do that with.

Go with a lithium ion battery. They can be mounted any way, even upside down, no liquid in them.
I have a Ballistic 8 cell battery. It is physically about half the size of the stock battery and weighs 1.7 lbs. And has 275 cranking amps. Thats about 75 more amps than the stock battery. Or about 37 % more.
It cranks my 750 kitted 75 just fine.
Leo

Just checking this thread out, hate to drag up such an oldie, but Leo, are you saying you can't mount one of these on it's side? Didn't I see two set ups earlier in the thread with the batteries on their sides?

Back