So I'm building a thumper....SR500

Next is wheels. Sticking with the stock mags, 19/18. I replaced all the bearings/seals and got the wheels stripped with chemical stripper, then my soda blaster for stubborn parts. I also rebuilt the speedo drive and the rear wheel cush drive.

4Bc95l.jpg

Hit them with appliance epoxy:

AgpMsl.jpg

Wrapped them with Avon Distanzias (100/90-19 front, 110/80-18 rear):

YZjlxl.jpg

ZMo57l.jpg

I've got a bunch of rotors. You guys like drilled or solid?

t306gl.jpg

TF4fHl.jpg

I'm pretty sure those swingarms came stock with needle bearings.

Oh yea, the handlebars I'm running are vintage Answer MX bars that came on one of the bikes. They have a rad profile. I painted them black with more appliance epoxy.

Here's a shot of the triple trees. Stripped bare then appliance epoxied. Hughs riser bushings and all new stainless hardware. Also installed tapered steering head bearings.

BxDEJl.jpg

I shaved the right fork lower of it's brake mounts. Wire wheeled it and cleared the lower. Forks will be rebuilt with all new guts. One of the front ends already had replacement tubes by Forking By Frank. Sweeeeet

NcycIl.jpg

I'm using a GT80 MX tank. Kind of overdone on SRs, but the size is awesome. It's one of my favorite tanks ever. I'm sealing it and running it exactly the way it is:

GviZwl.jpg

UYGfRl.jpg

I just got my MZB Powerdynamo ignition/charging system in the mail. That is some nice gear.

Also got my ported/polished head back from Hoos:

CMcD7l.jpg

Brass guides, RD springs, new valves, 38mm intake, fresh seals, megacycle rockers......unghh

Here's a back shot:

2GJczl.jpg

Hey why not turn one into a 650? check out my album, replace the lower frame tubes and the motor fits right in, glad to guide you. Makes for a meen good handeling machine

Figured I'd give this one a little photo update for any of those who are interested. I should be wrapping this one up within a month or two.

DTuejl.jpg

HLHfHl.jpg

9DyNpl.jpg

HGwbzl.jpg

VmW6Ul.jpg

LqyCMl.jpg

TPcQcl.jpg

41VCXl.jpg

bCLzSl.jpg

Back