Street Tracker in works!

Well I am looking for ward to seeing and hearing those new mufflers dude I am going in on them your the man! Your brakes will look great too they are the real deal in some braking power so they should be left their iconic color.

You going to any races this year? Pomona may be out for me have a conflict at the moment but its a ways off. Be up at Turlock for the King of the valley race #2 and Sacramento Mile for sure so far. Keep me posted glad your busy man!

Ordered a set of the Golden Tyre 27x7x19 DOT dirt track tires from Chris Carr. What a nice guy and super helpful! They look wicked cool, are nice and wide, and very well made.

Just don't do what I did! If you are going to do any fabrication make sure to have them in hand and mounted. They were much bigger than we expected. Having to cut out a section of the subframe we built and re-fab the sweet looking hand made fender liner. Don't get me wrong it is WELL worth the work.

With a stock swingarm there is 1/8-1/4" clearance on the swingarm. You can't completely bottom out the adjuster but won't ever do that. On the fork it has about the same clearance.

I'll post some pics on Monday, they are all on my work computer and I ran out of time today!

Cool, yes Chris is a great dude for sure. Looking forward to the pics so I can what all your talking about. I have have yet to make my fender liner yet so thats good! Keep us posted coneneg!

Here's the pictures I promised.

The first one is with the old tire and second one is with the new tire. I tried to get it from the same angle.

You can look at some of the older pics to get an idea what the old tires looked like from other angles.

Take a look at the shot from the rear and compare it to the custom inner fender we made. Thats was sized to the original rear tire plus and inch of spare room. Wow! Look how much wider this tire is! But it does look awesome!

Attachments

• front brake.jpg
    front brake.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 250
  • new tires 5.JPG
    new tires 5.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 270
  • new tires 4.JPG
    new tires 4.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 283
  • new tires 2.JPG
    new tires 2.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 234
  • new tires 1.JPG
    new tires 1.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 217
  • new tires 3.JPG
    new tires 3.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 235
Coneeng,
Looks spectacular man what a difference a day makes! Filled the voids nicely. So would you say the 7.5" would fit on the rear or is it a no go for sure?
Also did you see Hugh's new hydraulic clutch deal that came out today? I got me one of those set ups coming!

The only problem with these tires is they are marked in metric and I can never figure out the conversion to the old school. Because of that I am not absolutely certain I actually have the 27.0 x 7.0 x 19 and not the larger ones already - I should double-check with Chris.

Assuming I do have the correct ones, there is absolutely no way the 27.5 would fit into a stock bike. I'd guess they have to be an inch wider than these and now only have a .125" clearance even with skinny rims. You'd have to build a new swingarm and do some heavy frame work. The shocks would be in the way and I wonder about the chain. I think it might be overkill on this lil bike too. Now if I was going with a Champion frame...

Hydraulic clutch kit now? Where will it ever end! Oh I know where, in my wallet!! I just want to get this thing running! It looks like my goal for Memorial Day weekend isn't going to happen. Next target date will be end of June for Born Free 5 show.

Im betting you have the 7.5 on the rear and the 7.0 on the front thats what would be rear and front tire accordingly. Yep better get you the pit bike clutch on ebay Hug's adapter kit all right at 100 bucks, he also came out with a real nice front brake master cylinder lever and brake switch, 68 bucks all great stuff! Keep us posted in the tire situation!

Just double checked that I have what I thought I had - I am running a front 19" wheel (mag) on both ends so also went with two front tires. They are 27.0 x 7.0 - 19 and also marked 130/80-19. No way would the 27.5 fit then!

Dave,
I do think so the tread pattern wraps aound those tires dam near to the bead Im betting you could lose a 1/2" in width just by trimming both sides of the tires a bit if you had too.

Dave,
I do think so the tread pattern wraps aound those tires dam near to the bead Im betting you could lose a 1/2" in width just by trimming both sides of the tires a bit if you had too.

Maybe I can lay it over and scrub a little off? Chris did mention these are getting excellent wear on pavement.

I showed them to a customer that was in today and he's going to test them on the tracker he is building to race at Pikes Peak.

Here's a couple shots of the fabrication of the front disc spacer. Putting on a late model oversize front disc.

Not sure what happened, these pics got a little small!

Attachments

• xs1.jpg
    xs1.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 146
  • xs2.jpg
    xs2.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 144
  • xs3.jpg
    xs3.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 133
  • xs4.jpg
    xs4.jpg