Triumph Scrambler style build

Did you get your rock guard from a jeep too? I was going to buy the one from Triumph, but I couldn't believe the price... found it on eBay from a jeep for like $10. Post up your pics!

Wow I just saw this thread, beautiful bike. I wanna build something similar eventually, but a road version.

Exceptional 650 conversion.....I can identify with the amount of work you put into that tasteful work of art.....starting on mine this week....A clean vintage 77D std. I've restored as stock with the usual upgrades...All original parts will be saved.....using another std. tank, will fab. new sidecovers etc....I have a certain early Brit. scrambler/adventure look I want to attain and be on the road by April.....THX for a very interesting post.....

Thanks for the comments guys, Im currently deployed in Afghanistan and will be home in a few weeks. Im going to be getting Jemco or Omars pipes and pods when I get home. Also my wife was nice enough to buy me a 78 that Im going to turn into a cafe racer... will start a new post when the work begins.

New pipes from GordonScott on the way!!!! I think Im going to coat them with por20, anybody have some opinions? Also Im going to be ordering a Pamco ultimate ignition and Keihin carbs from Mikes as soon as they are in stock!

CIMG6481-Copy.jpg

CIMG6480-Copy.jpg

CIMG6482-Copy.jpg

Almost done with Yama Scram 2.0... put my ceramic coated gordon scott pipes on today and got the engine painted. Working on getting the carbs rebuilt... heres some shitty pictures for now:
100_0244.jpg

100_0243.jpg

100_0241.jpg

100_0240.jpg

100_0239.jpg

Thanks again for the pipes, the quality of your work is awesome. Will be hitting you up for pipes on my cafe build for sure. Hopefully this will thing will be running tonight!

FML...
Went to start it up and get a quick video after figuring out some small issues and the kickstarter wouldnt move. Engine is completely seized now, and the oil is full of metallic dust. I pulled this engine from my cafe project that "just needed carbs cleaned". Guess I am rebuilding my old engine now.

Back