Triumph Scrambler style build

Found this is the engine left by the prev owner, it was jammed in the starter gearing:
IMAG0023.jpg

JACKPOT!
Did ya have to pay extra for it?:doh:

Got it free of charge! Gee, I wonder why my engine seized and then unseized once I dropped the motor out of the bike. There is definitely something going on with the crank/bearings, I can turn it like a quarter turn by hand and then it gets harder to turn then easier. Good thing jamesgs4 hooked me up with a good bottom end that I will be installing. Hopefully be back on 2 wheels by Monday night!

Got my bottom end all put back together with mikes OD 5th gear. One of the pins for the crank bearings was pushed into the casing. Thanks to Hugh for the tip on welding it, worked great! Now all I have to do is install the top end!
DSC00846.jpg

Shit! I forgot about that and committed to work at Gov's that night.

Don't mean to jack, but can I use your electrical expertise to help wire my XS?

Its a dipstick, its got the high/low marks on it. And the PO must have been a huge one. Dont we all love our PO's? I know I do!

Bike has been back on the road for a couple weeks now! 5th gear OD is the best shit ever! Why didnt they just gear it like that from the factory? Anyways, big shout out to jamesgs4 for the bottom end, its working great! Thanks

It was! Its funny cuz I just got finished helping another members bike and was wondering to myself why I hadnt seen you on the street yet... anyways, your bike looks good on the street!

Back