Triumph Scrambler style build

Its what I get for being cheap... thought this motor was a good option but I guess not. My old motor has somewhat low compression(110psi) and needs cam chain guides. So I think im going to get the MikesXS 650 top end kit and replace the chain guides and what not. Hopefully I will only miss out on about 3 weeks of riding season.

Here is my list for the top end rebuild from MikesXS... anybody have any suggestions?
Cam Chain- DID 219FTssx106 $49.50
650cc Replacement Cylinder and Piston Kit $439.0
Front Cam Chain Guide $32.00
Valve Guide Installation Tool $6.50
Cam Chain Tensioner Arm $65.00
Valve Stem Seal-each $11.20
Top End Copper sealing Washer Kit-9pc $6.50
Heiden Oil Filter/Cooler Kit $71.50

Got the seized motor out and the old one torn down. Im going to definitely get the replacement cylinder/piston kit as there is some scoring in the cylinders/skirts. Im going to do a basic rebuild on the head as well.

After looking at the seized engine, I dont think it is a lower end issue. The oil came out with a small amount of dust specs but nothing crazy. I think maybe a piston seized? I guess I will know once I get it torn down. Hopefully its still buildable so I can use it on my cafe. I will be ordering parts on Wednesday so hopefully only 2 weeks of downtime.

Well, I decided I really wanted to know what made the motor seize as I suspected a top end issue. So I soaked the cylinders overnight with some marvel mystery oil. Went into the garage and the thing turns over absolutely no issue. I thought "no fucking way", so I did a compression check and got 130/130 which is exatly what it had before. Motor turns freely now... Im going to be very cautiosly optimistic here but maybe, just maybe this might work out. I will reinstall the motor this week and I will see what happens.

Oh and Gordonscott, I had the engine running 3 or 4 times and the pipes sounded amazing! Unfortunately didnt get a video before the issue arose. But maybe I will have one shortly.

Oh fuck yeah...

Need to fix an oil leak and Im good to go. Exhaust sounds sooo fucking good. Sound quality is very poor in the video. Thanks again to GordonScott this exhaust is amazing.

Rode it around a little bit today. Tomorrow will be the first somewhat big outing on the current setup, I hope all goes well. Here are some pics after buttoning her up:
100_0257.jpg

100_0256.jpg

100_0255.jpg

100_0254.jpg

100_0253.jpg

100_0252.jpg

100_0251.jpg

Things I still need to install/do:

Banshee stator
Pamco Ultimate
3000k HID Headlight
New wiring harness
Mikesxs oil filter/cooler kit
Maybe powdercoat carbs?

Have all the parts, just need some more time!

After almost breaking my ankle from starter kick back I installed my PAMCO ultimate today... got to say its the 2nd best mod ive done(next to the exhaust). Bike has tons more pickup and runs super smooth now.
Fuck Points:
Image056.jpg

Here are some updates on the bike. Went out for a photoshoot with a local cafe group and got some good pics:
110627012043_5857078527_3908519529_1_.jpg

110627012043_5857078417_630be6e527_1_.jpg

110627012043_5857078313_693c886933_1_.jpg

Now for the bad news, my seized then unseized motor has come back to haunt me. It now sounds supercharged without a supercharger. Sounds like it is coming from the bottom end, looks like I will be on 4 wheels for the next month. I got a solid 3k miles out of the motor of awesome canyon riding and plenty of smiles before the issue arose. I knew in my gut the motor wouldnt last long. Going to be doing a total rebulid, hopefully no more motor problems for a few years after this.

Back