Turbine Motorcycle

Thats cool. If you keep scrolling down that page (which is huge), there is some dude tearing it up around a barn on xs650 IceTracker in -21C. good stuff...

Those are/were produced and built about 20 miles from me in New Iberia, La by a company call MTT(Marine Turbine Technologies) who at one time were specializing in turbine engine applications in the oilfield industry. They also have/had a street legal Chevy S10 pickup with a turbine engine in it.

Yep....Heres the S10 I mentioned. This is a video I took at a car show a few years back. Forgot I had it.

Jay Leno has a turbine bike. From what he said it has awsome power but takes a while to spool up. The turbine has no engine braking so you have to anticipate stopping sooner and use the brakes more. It was fast once going just not much right off the line.
Leo

Jay Leno has a turbine bike. From what he said it has awsome power but takes a while to spool up. The turbine has no engine braking so you have to anticipate stopping sooner and use the brakes more. It was fast once going just not much right off the line.
Leo

Funny story about that bike, A few years ago ,Up at the rock store Jay pulled in on that bike and it starts leaking fuel so everybody that came to look at it starts backing up while he is digging under the faring and in a classic pitch says "Aw...Cmon!...It`s just a little gas leak".:laugh:

Back