Two Wheel Mafia's Current build

From the same guy I "borrowed" the LED idea from I also designed my own side mount speedo bracket. It another smart idea, I wish I thought of, but didn't. It cleans up the bars and dosen't take away from the lines of the bike at all. LOL and no it doesn't hit the tank what I turn the wheel, it actually fits nicely into a little pocket just under the tank.

Attachments

• speedo top.jpg
    speedo top.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Speedo side.jpg
    Speedo side.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 188
This is a close up shot of the brake Pivot point I designed. Alot of guys use the Orig parts here, where I choose to go totally custom. I use this on all my bikes and it looks and works great. When you jump hard on the brake you have no problem locking up that back tire at all. Its a solid system.

LOL, it still at mock up guys, please dont pic on the welds too much, nothing have been cleaned up yet with the flapper disc. It's art in progress :)

Attachments

• brake pivot.jpg
    brake pivot.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 210
And the last pic in this updats is me doing what I do best.... pushing it up the hill in my neighborhood so I can ride it coasting back down, lol it's dumb but I like doing it.

Finally as she sits as of 03-08-2010. Still working on a sissy bar and then she's done with mock-up. Ill post the sissy bar pics when its done.

Hope you all enjoyed the updates,

Attachments

• back up the hill.jpg
    back up the hill.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 178
  • as of 03-08-10.jpg
    as of 03-08-10.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 220
I really like your build there, the rear fender/tailight is an awsome idea and the side mounted speedo is really cool. I also like the upside down headlight, how did you mount that?

Yes the Rear frnder/tail light combo is a great idea. It something I'll start using on all my bikes from now on. It just looks sooooo much cleaner.

The Upside down headlight alre really changer the profile of the bike. Makes it look was different and now so cookie cutter. It's just funny how doing sonething so small can totally change the look of the entire project.

Thanks.... I had never cut one out ffrom a blank like that before. Usually buy them cut out already from E-bay, I was dreading doing it but in the end, I likes haved totall creative control on what I wanted it to look like... Even thought I didnt go nuts with it.

What about the head light bothers you? The size of it of that it's monted upside down?

I'm really interested to know. I've recieved a lot of feed back on the light. Some love it upside down, other just hate it. LOL I sould start a poll on it :)

The size is fine just the upside down part is just not for me...Im not going to bash at all becuse you have a good bike build going I just dont like the headlight.... everyone has diffrent taste so dont go off just mine lol

I understand. And I wasn't taking it as bashing it at all. No worries there :).

But I'm still kinds interested in why you dont like it. Like I said everyone say I like it or not but no one tells me why... Thats all.

Because it up side down you you feel its throws the lines on the bike off? Does it bother you just because is different and you haven't see it mounted like that before? Things like that.

Why, Why, Why....... LOL

Im 100% up for diffrent and unique things on bikes. Yes I think it throws the bike way off. If you didnt use the sportster style tank maybe a lower profile tank it would look good and if you had drag bars. You have a taller tank, taller handle bars, your seat sits up a lil higher and you you have a front fender and a low (upside down) head light :shrug: idk man dont change it because some people are not a fan of it, if you like it thats all that matters.. Its not god awful ugly its just not for me... Other than that I dig your bike. My bike is all Ratted out and some people love it and some people hate it but I like it so that is where it will always stand lol :banghead:
Did that answer your question a lil better :thumbsup:

It does answer my question. Thank you very much for a honest answer. I really didnt look at it from that way, with lowering the seat and the tank, but it gives me a better persepective on how others look at it and help me think up better ideas for the next build. It all a learning process and learning that you can't please everyone is a big part on building bikes that are for sale. Sometimes unique and different sells and sometimes it dosen't. Taste is taste.

But the honesty in you answer is greatly appreciated. Much respect.

I definitely admire the effort and all the work that went into the build, but overall i don't like the design - just my .02. Its a bobber that underwent a desperate transformation to make it "unique". I believe that sometimes less is more and at times a build can achieve greater results with slight alterations than drastic ones.

from first glance what stood out to me was the headlight mount and the fork length. I would bring the bike in tighter longitudinally, both in the forks and tail. Also id definitely go with white wall rubber. - Maybe its just my personal preference speaking out. We all have different tastes .. so this is only my opinion. Regardless, this build with some nice color can definitely be the icing on the cake and completely pull the whole look together.

Back