Ugly bikes!!!!!!

LOL I don't get it :shrug:HD as Harley Davidson? If so I got an HD and he'll probably cringe at this too. Probably just the style of bike than the brand.

full

I suppose the "real' HD guys would cringe at your ride too since they disfavor Sporty's as well as all two-wheeled products of the Land of the Rising Sun.

I love all kinds of motorcycles, women,and dogs. I would rather have the home made "traded this for that" under $1,000.00 rat bike that is ridden every day than some of the "garage queen" motorcycles towed to bike events on trailers. Ugly bikes rule!!!!

I love all kinds of motorcycles, women,and dogs. I would rather have the home made "traded this for that" under $1,000.00 rat bike that is ridden every day than some of the "garage queen" motorcycles towed to bike events on trailers. Ugly bikes rule!!!!

I done rode many a rat, pardnah. They are part of motorcycling - for sure, for sure good buddy.

A rat bike is great for an everyday rider. People dont steal these when you park it in front of the pub and leave it there overnight when you end up drunk:D And who the f#%@ is Harley Davidson :confused:

I'm a 'function over form' type myself. I can ignore cosmetic defects if whatever it is performs well, my HC car is a good example. The mechanical and electrical bits are all shipshape and Bristol fashion, the body... not so much. In the twisties when hunting that elusive .10 second, it's beautiful. The bike is the same way, it may not be perfect cosmetically but everything on it works and works well. I have traded off some comfort and style items in the interest of reliability and performance.

I am not a fan of 'form over function' and that's why I don't care to own one of those Big Dog etc bikes or rat rods, there's no way they will handle well. I put choppers and bobbers in the same category for the same reason (ducks rain of bricks and broken bottles :laugh: ) but if that's someone's cup of tea I wish them all the best, glad they enjoy their bike.

In the hobby car end of things it's known as 'racers vs. waxers' and I definitely fall in the 'racer' category. Nothing wrong with the waxers, as a friend of mine says it's a different symptom of the same disease.

i agree with the OP. lots of ugly bikes on here. and all the props for the ugly builds is irksome. i don't mean the "glad you like it" or "nice try, one day you'll get it right." i mean the "that's a really good looking build you got there" when in fact it is butt ugly. i got some ugly stuff and i know it. thing is, i like it ugly. i don't pretend it ain't and i don't try to convince ppl that it ain't.

Seen lots of different looking bikes and also lots of different amounts of money spent on them too. You don't get a bike that looks like the "thug life" build seen here a while back if your building on the cheap. That guy had some money in that bike and the end result was very pleasing to the eye. Don't know if the new owner he sold it to planned on riding it daily or not but that bike was rolling art. Love Dan Patterson"s (Angry Monkey) style of bike. It really don't matter to me.
jefft

There are plenty of customized bikes that I don't really like, no matter where I look. But I can appreciate it when somebody puts their heart and soul into their bike. Even if the work isn't show stopping, the lines aren't smooth, or it just isn't my style, somebody put effort into creating something. They probably cursed, threw wrenches, and got discouraged along the way, but in the end they are always proud as hell of their ride, which is awesome. As long as someone puts just a tiny bit more effort in than the guy that chops his exhaust with a sawzall and rattle cans his entire bike flat back, he's doing something right. And I'll give him props for it.

I've been working on a tracker of sorts and I'm almost done, and my next project is going 180 degrees in opposite direction. After 2 years of being obsessed with perfecting everything as far as my skill level can take me, it will be welcome to build a nasty ugly bike. But in my mind it also will be equally badass. Some rough inspiration for my next bike, and yes, I definitely want an old single two stroke motor. That van is pretty sweet too...

Well said! And that bike is a work of art! Love it

There are plenty of customized bikes that I don't really like, no matter where I look. But I can appreciate it when somebody puts their heart and soul into their bike. Even if the work isn't show stopping, the lines aren't smooth, or it just isn't my style, somebody put effort into creating something. They probably cursed, threw wrenches, and got discouraged along the way, but in the end they are always proud as hell of their ride, which is awesome. As long as someone puts just a tiny bit more effort in than the guy that chops his exhaust with a sawzall and rattle cans his entire bike flat back, he's doing something right. And I'll give him props for it.

I've been working on a tracker of sorts and I'm almost done, and my next project is going 180 degrees in opposite direction. After 2 years of being obsessed with perfecting everything as far as my skill level can take me, it will be welcome to build a nasty ugly bike. But in my mind it also will be equally badass. Some rough inspiration for my next bike, and yes, I definitely want an old single two stroke motor. That van is pretty sweet too...

:agree: I'd take the bike and the van!

There is a degree of coolness there that you just can get out of a pristine build! :D

:agree:

Guess I like "ugly bikes" then!!
None of these posted are ugly IMO! And well said Monty, effort is always visible which adds that "cool factor" to any build. Ugly or not, ride what you built and enjoy! :bike::bike:

I'm formulating a theory here, hear this out. Kids of my generation were wowed by Robin Hood's longbow, swashbuckler's longswords, cavalry longknives, and the long/pointed noses of that era's combat jets (the century series), then by big-rear-tire long-framed top fuel dragsters, and Big Daddy Roth's creations. Hence, many of us leaned toward the long front-end, big rear tire styling. Fast forward to the next generation, growing-up on their 'Big Wheel' tricycle, with it's dimunitive/low rear end and the large front. What styling que comes from that? What styling que will come with the next generation?

When I make something, a bike, a horse drawn cart, a homebuilt trailer, whatever, it's always the same. I have no prior plan. I use what I can get my hands on, don't have a bunch of money. Projects are engineered as I go, with changing my mind about every little thing being the norm. I can get opinions from and argue/discuss all of it with my three sons as I go. It is far better than buying a bunch of high priced billet parts and going down the road with 20 grand in 2 wheels that is very much like all the rest. Fancy money HD's and Goldwings are not unusual enough to warrant more than a passing glance. When I park at a bike rally, mine may be ugly to you, but every wrench in the place will come by to discuss how and why I did each little thing.

Back