Video Thread

My class put a full sized replica of an Air Canada 747 vertical tail in a tree.

Hilarious.....

Nothing to do with motorcycles, but cool video.

Filmmaker Brett Foxwell, who goes by bfophoto, used a process he describes as “brutally tedious.” The results, though: Wow. What you’re seeing are cross-sectional scans of hardwood, burls, and branches sequenced in stop motion. It’s like his camera is moving through the wood.

Foxwell used a milling machine to cut slices from 1/40 inch to 1/2,000 of an inch thick. He cleaned, polished, and applied wood oil to each cross-section before capturing its image with a stop-motion camera. And then on to the next cut.

EDIT: Watch it on full screen, spectacular.

Last edited:
Nothing to do with motorcycles, but cool video.

Filmmaker Brett Foxwell, who goes by bfophoto, used a process he describes as “brutally tedious.” The results, though: Wow. What you’re seeing are cross-sectional scans of hardwood, burls, and branches sequenced in stop motion. It’s like his camera is moving through the wood.

Foxwell used a milling machine to cut slices from 1/40 inch to 1/2,000 of an inch thick. He cleaned, polished, and applied wood oil to each cross-section before capturing its image with a stop-motion camera. And then on to the next cut.

Holy cow! Brutally tedious would be an apt description! I can't imagine the amount of hours he spent doing that. Sure looks cool though!

Ya pretty amazing. I just added an edit to watch it on full screen. Eerie almost.

This highway from Pakistan to China is now considered the [eighth wonder] of the world.
The N-35 or National Highway 35, known more popularly as the Karakoram Highway and China-Pakistan Friendship Highway, is a 1300 km national highway in Pakistan which extends from Hasan Abdal in Punjab province of Pakistan to the Khunjerab Pass in Gilgit-Baltistan.
810 Pakistani and 82 Chinese workers lost their lives, mostly in landslides and falls, while building the highway. The route of the KKH traces one of the many paths of the ancient Silk Road.The road has a length of 1,300 km (800 mi): Pakistan: 887 km (551 mi) and China: 413 km (257 mi).
The Karakoram Highway connects China and Pakistan across the Karakoram mountain range, through the Khunjerab Pass, at an elevation of 4,693 metres (15,397 ft) above the sea level.

This highway from Pakistan to China is now considered the [eighth wonder] of the world.
The N-35 or National Highway 35, known more popularly as the Karakoram Highway and China-Pakistan Friendship Highway, is a 1300 km national highway in Pakistan which extends from Hasan Abdal in Punjab province of Pakistan to the Khunjerab Pass in Gilgit-Baltistan.
810 Pakistani and 82 Chinese workers lost their lives, mostly in landslides and falls, while building the highway. The route of the KKH traces one of the many paths of the ancient Silk Road.The road has a length of 1,300 km (800 mi): Pakistan: 887 km (551 mi) and China: 413 km (257 mi).
The Karakoram Highway connects China and Pakistan across the Karakoram mountain range, through the Khunjerab Pass, at an elevation of 4,693 metres (15,397 ft) above the sea level.

Breathtaking !!

Those are some stunning sceneries. Imagine some of those roads being a part of your every day life…

Last edited:
Amazing indeed!

...was it just my imagination or were all of the vehicles in the Pakistan-China highway video driving in reverse?

I know many of you guys are pilots. Always wanted to fly, could never afford it.
Building/flying RC model aircraft is on my want to do that someday list. I'm sure many of you do that already, I know MaxPete does.
I know this is a RC model aircraft and not a Sukhoi 30 and I don't know anything about it but looks like this guys got some chops!

Back