What do you do for a living ???

Now retired.

Spent 38 years in the telco industry. Started as a phone installer, worked my way up to PBX, data circuits and terminals, circuit board repair, then finished in IP networking. Last dozen years wrote configuration files for switches, routers, firewalls, and commercial wifi on mostly Cisco gear. Had the pleasure of working with a lot of great people over the years and there's never a dull moment when you have to deal with the public...........:doh:

As of today nothing, retired at 5pm today after 31 years as a CPS worker, supervisor and deputy director. Will be doing conferences and training as motivational speaker.

Press Foreman at the Jennings Daily News!!! Not going to lie I like my job SOMETIMES! Big gears=big problems!!! But I wish I could build cool stuff all day!

Attachments

• 396703_464542303573228_413307278_n.jpg
    396703_464542303573228_413307278_n.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 539411_501318206562304_1639931423_n.jpg
    539411_501318206562304_1639931423_n.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 178
So just thought it would be cool to see what kind walks of life congregate amungst the xs owners. Ill start.

Class A code welder specializing in TIG for high pressure vessels. Industrial design degree that lends itself well to metal fab and artsy stuff.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 190
Estimator/Planner in a large fabrication & machining company.
ASME code Pressure vessels.
Large turbine & generator baseplates.
Capacity up to 50 ton.
I spent 20+ years slugging it out on the shop floor to qualify my current position.

That's cool ogh.. All this time I dint think there were any other members close to me and here you are right in my backyard!

That's cool ogh.. All this time I dint think there were any other members close to me and here you are right in my backyard!

And in the same general line of work too !!
Maybe horse trade some needed parts in the future.
Currently working on a David Bird hardtail, welded but not yet a roller.
:cheers:

Architect (by education) and Civil Engineer(by trade).

But I prefer my hobbies lol. I am big into fabricating(both metal and composites) and dabble in autobody work/paint.

Full time college student again (at 31)
Spent the last 8 years as a production engineer, building and running high speed assembly machines. Got to lower management and realized I was maxed out without a degree, quit last Jan, went back to finish up that silly piece of paper that tells others what I already know.

I took the concept of retirement seriously. This morning I felt like doing something productive, so I stayed in bed till the feeling passed.

Aviation GSE mechanic and certified line service technician. I work on all the ground support equipment-fuel trucks,pushback tractors,air starts,gpu's,tugs,etc., and fuel planes when I'm not busy.

Back