What is the average age of this group ?

72 and keeping the average high, been riding off and on since 1957, good years then. all in the UK, 4 bikes now, 2 late '70s and 2 '90s trail bikes. All good fun.

42 (maturity level-18 at best!!) and I've been riding since 1986. My first bike was a 72 Yamaha R5 2 stroke which I added clubman bars, rear sets and pipes. I've owned 47 bikes over the years and currently have a 92 GSXR 600 race bike(retired...maybe!!), a 2008 Kawasaki Z1000, and a 79 XS650 cafe/street/race rideable work in progress.

I'm 37 and bought my first bike 10 years ago. It was a XVS1100 Classic. Then I had a Harley.

Last year I bought the XS to build (and hopefully ride some day).

47, been riding since I was about 6. Started on a 1973 AMF Harley Davidson mini bike---lived on a farm and it broke down one day--dad worked on it and couldn't get it going and pulled it into pieces and sold it for scrap. Never forget that day. 5 years ago I found a duplicate and restored it! Have had many bikes---my favorite--1966 Honda Scrambler CL77 305--very close second--1977 Yamaha 650 I currently have.

Hey Carbon
Trying to change my age HAHA!!!
I am 63 years old and have been riding and building bikes since 1967. I bought a bike before I was legal age. Nobody cared back then. Most of the cops new me and new that it wasn't going to stop me. My very first bike was a TRIUMPH then I bought a HONDA 305 the rest 100 plus bikes later drove my Mom and Dad crazy so my Dad said to me you should open a shop and get all these friends of yours away from my house.
AND THEN IT WAS!!!!!!!
My first shop was 1980 and I retired full time in 2010
NOW I JUST PLAY HAHA!!!!
Carbon if YAMAHA had someone like you doing there numbers they would be number 1... Good for you

Well, I'll throw in here with DADDYG, we're a day apart.
I've tried, can't change my age either.
But, we can help nudge this 'average' deeper into the 'gray' territory...

41, been riding since '93... I've had a few (7?) bikes over the years, but have kept my FZ1 (since 2001) the longest so far.

Age, 62, first bike was an xs650 way back in 1973. Another 650 for a few months back in the 80's. And yet another as a basket-case a couple years ago. I kept telling myself I needed another bike for years. I finally realized I was running out of years.

Age 72, been riding since 58, first bike was a flat head, tank shift HD, piece of crap. I spent most of my money on motorcycles and cars, the rest I just wasted. lol tim

58 last Dec. Started riding in '79. Had to stop riding in '96 to '10 due to lack of money for the insurance. Resolveded that hurdle and got my SG around then and been in the wind since. Got a XJ600 to keep riding when the SG was being rebuilt.

23, last year was my first year riding. I knew I wanted an old jap bike, I did my research for years leading up to my purchase. Pouring over in the ins and outs of CB350Ts and CB550s, general maintenance on GSs and a ton of stuff on Kawasaki KZs. Even lusted over some W650s

Then I bought an XS and had no idea what I was doing, never read anything about them, never looked anything up, all I knew was that the engines where apparently bullet proof.

A season later I'm grinding my kickstand catch around corners and can manage myself some volume of confidence around a wrench.

Love my bike.

45. Took a 15 year break from riding (went back to school, wife, kids, mortgage). Got back into it about 8 years ago. I ride with the Southern Cruisers Riding Club - great bunch of people!

Back