XS650 No Theme Build

Runs and rides great! Only needs a battery, wires, tires, stator and carbs other than that it's perfect. (Omit the fact that it doesn't have a title) only $4000.

Perfect CL ad.

I knew I saw this picture somewhere. GOTTA HAVE EM!! :bow::bow2:
images

I got the mono shock and swing arm installed and checked for chain clearance. Tomorrow I`ll order the correct stainless fasteners. Weather permitting I`ll polish the fork legs, new seals, and figure something out for the lower tree`s. Trying to get this on the lift before the really cold weather hits.:yikes:
no theme build 001.JPG no theme build 002.JPG no theme build 003.JPG no theme build 004.JPG no theme build 005.JPG no theme build 006.JPG no theme build 007.JPG no theme build 008.JPG

Looking really nice! I like the way you kept the rear swingarm tubular, it looks like a factory effort. Your engine came out nice looking too. I’m wondering, do you have help moving the motor around? I will be placing my motor back in the frame in the near future and am just curious. You’ve got the technique down pat. Also, I noticed you only have the bottom motor mount bolts in, is there any special reason for that? To wait to install those later?
Your bike is going to be a looker!

do you have help moving the motor around? I will be placing my motor back in the frame in the near future and am just curious.
Bob, go back and read Meddy's build thread. He had what I thought was a pretty slick way of moving the motor around.

I use the yellow engine crane (cherry picker) in the background to move the motor around as I usually can`t find or don`t want any help. I only have the bottom bolts in for now because the rest of the mounts have to go to the chrome shop along with other stuff. The cold weather is really throwing a wrench in the works. Turning on the heat in my shop would exceed the cost of finishing the build. I`ve been thinking about making a plastic curtained lined polishing room in the basement to get a little more done this winter.:shrug:

Cleaned up the casting edges and removed the headlight bracket mount boss and painted the lower tree. (silver hammered finish). Also removed the caliper mount tabs from the LH lower fork tube and dressed them both up for polishing tomorrow maybe?:shrug:
tripple tree 001.JPG tripple tree 002.JPG

Got the forks installed and the front wheel mounted. Up on 2 wheels at last! Sat the tank and seat on just for inspiration. It worked!:thumbsup: Tomorrow I`ll put it on the lift and start making "The List". Looks like a couple more thousand?:shrug:
no theme build 001.JPG no theme build 002.JPG no theme build 003.JPG no theme build 004.JPG no theme build 005.JPG no theme build 006.JPG

Put it on the lift and started making "The List". :yikes: Looks like a thousand will cover all the electrical (PMA, Pamco, Antigravity type battery, lights, controls and on & on) Never mind that couple more thousand. Better make that $3500.:shootme:
bike lift 001.JPG bike lift 002.JPG

Yesterday I test fit the Flattrack bars.
handlebars 005.JPG

Today I made the final choice (subject to change) for the exhaust. Going with TT pipes that both exit on the right side and ordered the combo bends from Speedway. Really looking forward to building these.:)
91013895_R_fcc267f5-4575-4ab8-ab18-5dde511d9ad9.jpg

Didn`t get started until 2:30 today so not much done on the pipes. Got the upper pipes cut to length and spot welded the flanges. I`ve already changed my mind about the routing (exit) of the lower pipes as they will have to clear the skid plate and side stand.:umm: Trying to get these built with only 3 welds to each pipe. We`ll see.:shrug: Also fitted the XS Performance carbs. Almost positive these are not going to happen. Looks like Gary Hoos is going to get another call.:thumbsup:

TT Pipes 001.JPG TT Pipes 002.JPG TT Pipes 003.JPG TT Pipes 004.JPG TT Pipes 005.JPG TT Pipes 007.JPG TT Pipes 008.JPG

Back