For Sale - 1969 Yamaha 650 Standard for sale

Larry T

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Have 1969 650 standard that I would like to sell. Not running, but rebuilt engine and transmission. Also tank and side covers repainted to original standard. Just do not have time to get back to running condition. Also has a Meyer seat. Rear luggage carrier and crash bars. Like to get cost of painting out of it. If interested contact me at le.trahan@yahoo.com. The bike is locate in Phoenix metro area.

It may not be for real, it’s a new member and it’s the first post - noticed he had been a member for five minutes when he posted

Being a new guy we're here to help and bring the realities of motorcycle restoration to his attention... a three stage candy green paint job... all body tines... $1200.1500.oo... I've seen the paint and related items invoices... Gadzooks. This is a clients bike he wanted in Xs1 colors.... 😎

Attachments

• Xs1 upgrade.jpg
    Xs1 upgrade.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 58
Any price ? Any pictures?
First a typing error. Bike is a 79. Do have pictures that I could send. Would like to get the price of the paint job back which was 500.00. The pictures are on my phone. Will see if I can get them transferred. Bike is located in Mesa Az.

Paint prices... like everything else .... have went wallet painful... have you priced an auto battery of late... $200.oo.... and why.... ? The cost for paint, hardener ... clear coat ... can easily approach $500.oo.. then if it's more than one color... decals.... it gets pricy .... Your standard is a desirable model and should be kept in stock condition... but that's just my opinion.... Photos ! 😎

First a typing error. Bike is a 79. Do have pictures that I could send. Would like to get the price of the paint job back which was 500.00. The pictures are on my phone. Will see if I can get them transferred. Bike is located in Mesa Az.
Sign onto this forum with your phone. You can then simply paste the photos.

Does it have a title in your name?
Yes. It has a clear title and I am the original owner. The paint job was done several years ago to the tank and side covers. It is factory quality. I had loaned it to my son and he dumped it on the right side so it has damage to front fender, brake reservoir. I had the engine and trans. rebuild and was going to restore, but just don't have time to do it. Needs someone who wants to restore it, as it need carb's rebuild due to time setting and electrical work.

His IP pings from just where he says he's at. Scammers don't usually give their real location away.
I tend to think he's legit.

Larry, can we walk you through how to load pictures? You're not gonna sell a cockroach 'round these parts without pics of it and an honest asking price. :wink2:

1705606292733.png

Last edited:
Not sure, don't you have to have a minimum post count before you can download photos?

Not sure, don't you have to have a minimum post count before you can download photos?
No, you can upload on your first post.... what you can't do is PM members until you've posted 5 times.
Scammers were joining, perusing the Wanted section, then PM-ing members to set up the scam. The 5 post requirement "helps" deter that.