1970 xs fork brace?

I've considered the Deuce front fender as a potential candidate, but have no dimensions...

Attachments

• Drag-DeuceFrFender.jpg
    Drag-DeuceFrFender.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 131
shame your in the states have a new set to fit 34 mm forks never used,put a set of 35mm forks on instead..without going out to the shed to check brand name bought from fast from the past (dealer not manufacturer) but well known maker,have a set on the 35mm forks and very happy..was at the time not listed for 34mm,s but just send them email or give a yell and ill check brand name and you should be able to buy easier

i hear ya FLEA, though as far as i've been able to find, the early model forks were narrower tube to tube then those 34mm fork braces.. if i'm mistaken then those would be a great option, & basically what i am looking for. TwoMany, i really dig that fender, looks great but i do wish there were some dimensions to reference..

well they test fitted on the 34mm 74 tx650 ok but don't know about the earlier ones could be worth giving fast from the past a call as with the amount of different braces they have maybe the could mixmatch a set for you that is if the fender option doesn't work out

The 70-71 fork bottoms are steel, with steel screw-on fork sealed caps (part #9). You can't clamp to them and expect any rigidity. Fork braces for these will have to bolt to the vertically aligned fender bungs, which I recall are 60mm spacing.

The fork-to-fork spacing is the same for 70-73 models...

Attachments

• 71-XS1F-FrontFork01.jpg
    71-XS1F-FrontFork01.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 118
FLEA, yeah those guys seem great, lots of nice options on there. i hear they are great to work with as well. thanks for looking out.
& twomany, thanks for the always great info. i'd have not thought of that, bolting fork to fork up top. i'll see if i can hunt down an option for the bungs. wish hughs made one for the earlier models, love his brace.

Y'know those exercise machines where you pump those two handles back-and-forth?

Ski%20Walker%20Web.jpg

Now, imagine your front forks are those handles, and they're pivoting on the front axle.
That kind of motion is what happens when the front end tweaks left-right.
Our front axles, clamped on one side, nut on the other, don't have the strength to prevent that.
A well designed fork brace would prevent the front fork lowers from going non-parallel.

oh absolutely. that makes perfect sense, & a nice example there. i'm trying to stiffen up my 70 forks some, hence the initial question. but didn't realize the fastfromthepast style wouldn't do the trick. which narrows my search a little more. let me know if you find one out there with the proper fitment.

Back