For Sale - 1972 XS2 (XS650) Motorcycle for sale

rtaylor522

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey All, I'm selling the XS2. Call if you're interested and thanks for all of the help! It's also listed on craigslist in the "Maryland" and "Washington D.C." Sub-Sites.
Hit me with a PM or on this thread if you're interested, make me an offer.

1972 Yamaha XS2 (XS650) - $1500 obo
Own this 1972 XS2 with a fresh top end overhaul. Only 10 miles since overhaul completed. Carburetors re-built, front brake caliper re-built, all wiring and electrical works, including new battery and electric starter. New halogen head lamp, new gear shift lever, new clutch and throttle cables and new clutch friction plates. Bike runs and shifts through all gears. Included with sale are new fork seals (your option to replace, I never got to it) along with other miscellaneous parts. The bike also features newer rear shocks and plenty of tread left on the tires. No bent spokes and rims are in above average shape. The top end overhaul was done at a machine shop, not an owner re-build. The carburetors and other work was done by current owner. You can have an un-molested almost complete and well running vintage XS2 or make a chopper out of it using the fresh engine and un-bent frame, all your choice. I can send additional pictures and video of bike running if desired. Delivery options can be arranged for cost of gas. No warranties expressed or implied, bike is sold on an “as-is” basis. No test rides without Motorcycle license and cash in hand.

Attachments

• Left Side Clean.jpg
    Left Side Clean.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 434
  • Right Side Clean.jpg
    Right Side Clean.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_4996.JPG
    IMG_4996.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 357
  • Left Engine Clean.jpg
    Left Engine Clean.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Bump, I need space in my garage and I need it now....$1500 obo. Need the space as boating season is near and I have a few new projects and one small garage.

She could definitley use paint, or re-chroming of the front and rear fenders if you are going for the stock look. The gas tank is original paint from the factory if you want to copy it. Problems I know for a fact...needs new needles in carbs (slowly leaking by). Needs a new main crankshaft seal and new camshaft seals (slow leak during runing on ATU side).

Forgot to mention it has new points, plugs, wires, and air filters as well as advance springs. Bike got new rings, valve guides and seals during top end overhaul.

I'm shooting straight here, and I think someone who is looking for a daily rider could have a great bike for a great price if they have a little mechanical knowhow and time. Let me know if you have any questions and please no low ball prices as you can see I have put alot of work into the bike.

Thanks for looking and pass the word.

Last edited:
erklep,
I'm in Bowie MD....about 25 mins south of Baltimore. The bike is as described...starts up and runs no problem...not sure if I mentioned elec starter crapped out....not sure why...was working then just quit...brand new battery. I've got alot of work in the bike and it really is ready to go other than new float needles and o-rings for the carb, a crankshaft seal (optional) and two cam seals (about 18 bucks on mikesxs.com)

let me know
-Rob

72xs2, i don't know anything about shipping something like this but if you're interested and can clue me in on how to do it I'm sure we could come to an agreement.

rob,
thanks for the info. you are about 3 hours from me. i am going to sit on this and think about it. id really like to grab it but on the otherhand, i really shouldnt!(too many bikes as it is) i will let you know for sure.

erklep,
Got a guy coming to look Thursday but he says his girlfriend does'nt like old motorcycles....so we'll see how far that goes since he's bringing her to check it out with him. You still interested if he is not?
-Rob....you can always make an offer

bump for a nice bike and honest seller. The owner is very knoweldgeable about the bike, so I suggest giving him a call if you're interested.

I took this bike for a test ride this weekend but have decided to go another route.

Hey Erik, thanks for the feedback. I hope you find what you are looking for. I have a few more hits off craigslist so hopefully she'll be gone by the end of the week.

-Rob

Well it's sold...I hope the new owner gets as much enjoyment out of it as I did. It was a great first bike.

-Rob

Back