1973 XS2 How Many In The UK?

my brit xs2

Attachments

• xs 108.jpg
    xs 108.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 123
Hi Bucko,
you call it The Assyrian?
Or don't they beat poetry into you at school these days?
(The Assyrian came down like a wolf on the fold
And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold - - -
)
But I digress.
Nice clean conversion with no bits and pieces hanging off (and where did you hide the electrics?)
And the tank paint even complies with the Truth in Advertising laws.
A nitpick:- I don't like the way the tank sits. It'd look better with a deeper tunnel so the bottom of the tank ran horizontal and the tank front followed the frame front tube.
A question:- The front brake is on t'other side, WTF?

Hi fred,yeh the name came from my wife,your never going to ride about on that "deathtrap "are you? All the electrics run through the frame but are minimal,the ignition and light switch are mounted in a little aluminium box at the rear engine mount,and im running a cap(kicker only) so no battery to hide!your right about the lines of the tank but id already painted it,im doing another set of tins over winter!

At last a pic of my XS2!

In this ID chart the second set of production numbers without brackets are how many of those models were made/sold. 33,800 XS2's were sold world wide.

Second set of Production numbers in brackets was the upper limit of that model. Unknown the real number of sales/production
full

Hi 650 Skull, Amazing 33,800 worldwide! Hard to believe only 50 off came to the uk. I suppose for example if 500 were sold in each of the USA states that would account for quite a number, & then the balance to the rest of world???
Mine is now Mot'd & on the road, just need some decent weather now!

Back