zrx1100

XS650 Enthusiast
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0740.jpeg
    IMG_0740.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 85
the numbers are pretty much the same as in the publication from the 70s. Since I ran the bike on the dyno, I have put in a shell#1 cam, 700cc JE kit from Hoos, mild port and KW valve springs by R&D moto, vesrah clutch springs, 1.75" pipes and K&N airfilters, . Will dyno again after break in.

Attachments

• xs650dyno_magazine article.jpg
    xs650dyno_magazine article.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 53
There is a curious "hiccup" at 5800rpm. It exists in the cammed 700cc motor and the stock 78 motor (on a thread elsewhere) that I noticed. Since cam, displacement, and porting are different, a curious one asks questions. Is it valve stem shape? Is it intake port length? (exhaust had been stated as different). Curious minds...

I shift before 5500 so I would never notice.:umm:

There is a curious "hiccup" at 5800rpm. It exists in the cammed 700cc motor and the stock 78 motor (on a thread elsewhere) that I noticed. Since cam, displacement, and porting are different, a curious one asks questions. Is it valve stem shape? Is it intake port length? (exhaust had been stated as different). Curious minds...

I shift before 5500 so I would never notice.:umm:
i think it was richness at the needle to main transition. with the stock exhaust, the sniffer could not reach deep into exhaust, so i cannot trust the A/F readings, but you can see the motor blow black smoke around that time. on the new motor, i think it is the opposite: lean hesitation

Back