21 Questions with Hugh - of Hugh's HandBuilt

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
The Chop Cult just did a little feature on Hugh's HandBuilt. And since the majority of my work is focused on the XS650, I thought I would share it with you fine folks.

http://www.chopcult.com/news/articles/21-questions-with-michael-hugh-owings.html

p.php

Thanks for the support all of the years. 2013 was a rough one for us, but 2014 is looking very promising. :thumbsup:

Hugh
Hugh's HandBuilt

First Time on 2 Wheels: I had this POS Jeep for sale/trade on craigslist. Some feller offered me a much nicer and more valuable Honda Shadow 1100, so I jumped on it. I had plenty of seat time on BMX and MTB, but never a motorbike. I pushed that sucker over to the Emergency Fire Station across the street from my apartment, and taught myself how to ride it in their parking lot. I sucked at it for sure... Police rolled up, wrote me a ticket with about 9 infractions on it (no helmet, license, tag, insurance, trespassing, etc...) and I thought "Hey man, I thought this was a safe place to get hurt, help is only 10 feet away...." It didn't work quite like that... But I ended up riding that thing almost 20K miles in less than a year and a half - so it worked out in the end.

That is the best "learning experience" I have hear of in a long time!:laugh:

Makes sense to me Hugh!!:D

Fantastic and caring man, stands by his product like no one else does!

Have a great Christmas, let 2014 be a great new beginning with lots of new parts to go!

Now get that two week break soon!!:bike:

Nice write up. Cant praise Hugh and his team enough. In my experience him and Low Brow are 2 of the best stores too deal with. He always has time for questions and his products are great. Now if only he would open a branch in New Zealand...

Hey Hugh, before long you'll be moving into the Biltmore Estate. tim

Back