'68 BSA Victor Build..... Bloody 'el mate... You 'effin daft or sommat?!?

You know I noticed that capacitor hanging there when you first posted photos, I’d been meaning to ask you about that. Sheesh…….I hope they didn’t do a starter delete too! :laughing:

There’s a surprising amount of parts out there for those old thumpers aren’t there?
CC6DBE3C-D53B-4848-93CE-AC5C149B3234.jpeg

Last edited:
You know I noticed that capacitor hanging there when you first posted photos, I’d been meaning to ask you about that. Sheesh…….I hope they didn’t do a starter delete too! :laughing:

There’s a surprising amount of parts out there for those old thumpers aren’t there?
View attachment 203382
That cap is there on a lot of Brit bikes, lets it start (with some care and effort) and run even with a dead battery.

Pillion seems superfulous given a lack of passenger pegs....
Looking at it closely, I fully agree. Maybe for the prospective buyer it would be easier to get two pegs for the rear to go with the pillion pad, and if it was disagreeable (which without the pegs, it is) the seat could still be removed and set aside. Gives the buyer an option.
'TT'

Battery and tool trays arrived. In as good or better shape than I'd hoped for. A chrome rear fender is on the way. Hard to tell about the chrome from pics. Still on the hunt for a left sidecover that don't cost as much as I paid for the bike itself.... :mad:

tool and batt tray.jpg

I love this site, you guys crack me up with your banter, young bucks would scratch there heads lol :thumbsdown: I'm looking forward to your rebuild Jim you do great rebuilds, I look forward to when my KZ750 twin leaves your land of plenty ( drool ) alas I miss the last ship that my 10th anniversary CB750k caught, I'm so excited it's nearly here :geek:. looking forward to this posting of yours.
I have started the KZ project buy, I will start a post soon.

Quick update. Not much to report really, spending money like a drunken sailor....
Picked up an original rear fender off eBay. Chrome is pretty rough. A little Simichrome did help though in the one spot I tried it. We'll see. Pickins are pretty slim out there for originals... might look into a repop if I can't save this one. Or maybe have it rechromed.... dunno.

Rear fender 2.jpg

Rear fender simichrome.jpg

Found a company across the pond... Feked.com, that makes repop stuff for the Victor... all Brit bikes actually.
Spent way more than I wanted for a left side cover. It does look good though. Covered in oil and wrapped in plastic... well done.

Left sidecover.jpg

The fasteners that hold the cover on are called "Oddie" screws... which I find hilarious for some reason. I'm sure that I knew that at some point in the past... but it still gives me a chuckle.
Anyway... picked up a few of them from Feked.

Oddie Screws.jpg

Found a NOS "Oddie" clip off eBay which just showed up a few minutes ago...

Oddie Clip.png

Anyway, the long and short of all this is I now have everything I need to build and weld in all the brackets for the left cover that were cut off at some point in it's past. Dana ( @Scripto VU ) has graciously provided me with the necessary dimensions... so yeah, here I go.
My plan was to leave the bike intact while I remounted everything for the left cover to help with fit and clearances. There's a fatal flaw to that though... the bikes in the garage and the TIG welder's in the basement. :er:
Yeah... never claimed I was the sharpest tool... Guess I'll start disassembly in a day or two and move the frame down into the basement.
Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Back