'72 Master Cylinder rebuild....OLD TIMERS PLEASE HELP!

tadd442

dude.....
Reaction score
I picked up a NOS rebuild kit for my master cylinder (1972) Yamaha part # 1A0-W0041-00. When looking the pieces over, they do not match the parts in any of the diagrams/exploded views that I've seen.

Have the kits been revised?

I have:
A plunger/piston ( which for now, I will say fits as I need to clean up my bore)
A conical spring Which has a cap with a hole crimped onto the smaller end.
A snap ring Which I will presume fits.
A beveled seal Which I presume gets fitted onto the plunger/piston
A copper (maybe brass?) disk
A boot For the end that the brake lever set screw contacts
A beveled rubber plate with several notches on one side and a rubber dart on the other

Attachments

• 100_7093.jpg
    100_7093.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 180
  • 100_7094.jpg
    100_7094.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 163
I'm a mid-timer but...I bought a rebuild kit from mikes xs a year ago for my '72 and had similar problem. I returned it and just order a new master cylinder (same style) from mikes xs--works and looks great and not much more $. Never did get credited for the return though...

DanW,
I have been seriously considering it, but the new ones Mike's sells is slightly different as in my original one does not have a mirror mount. That, and I have already powdercoated that bad-boy, bought all of the other pieces for the reservoir and want to try my best to make this one work......It's personal now!:doh:

Hi guys....I'm in the same place! :doh:
I pulled the insides out of my M/cyl, its a 14mm, and it just fell to pieces: today I got the repair kit via ebay, and haven't a clue how the parts go back together!
I'm looking at the rubbish diagrams I've found but they don't go into anywhere near enough detail......HELP :D

Got my UK registration papers and tax disc today so its road legal, luckily I've fitted another M/cyl but its not very good, at least I can ride it now! :thumbsup:

Back