A ripp'n hardtail bobber build from a seized, desert rat: CALLING ALL DESTROYERS

I like matching numbers. Starting with the rephase, adding the 750 kit later will be easy.
I found that with the 750 kit the vibes above 4000 to be greatly reduced. The rephase reduces vibes too. Together it might not vibrate at all.
Leo

The part in your second pic is not a hub, it is the brake backing plate. Most any year will replace that.
There are some on Ebay, item #260873387010 $35 even has brake shoes.
Leo

turns out upon further examination, the rear brake drum hub is damaged....

IMG_2909.jpg

chemical bathers:
i leave for miami tomorrow morning. hopefully while im away these parts will transform into something brand new looking; if not, the hot chemical bath will be the first step in removing all the grime and gunk that has caked this motor for the past who-knows-how-long:

IMG_2908.jpg

eating my words:

so turns out hugh has a lot of business which is awesome! based on his current schedule my engine wouldnt be ready in time for my self imposed deadline. he was generous enough to encourage me to take the engine rebuild on myself and so ive decided to eat my words of my previous post and make the time for the rebuild. i plan on sending out my cam and crank to hugh for the rephase (info here: http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/2011/01/re-phased-goodness.html); replacing anything showing wear; skipping a big bore; pretty much keeping stock other than a few updated goodies.

after loading the engine up in my car for transport to a different location, i almost beat myself up; a motorcycle engine in the back of a prius!?!?! what the!?!?!:
IMG_2805.jpg

I fit the xs motor and frame in the back of my prius along with wheels and a box of random shit. Thought I was the only one

cool writeup - I will be stealing your front mount idea....

go easy with the chemical bath - caustic solutions EAT aluminium, I would suggest a good degrease & bead blast instead. I have known guys to put alloy parts in high concentrate caustic baths & go to remove the part & viola - nothing left (except the steel bits).

cool writeup - I will be stealing your front mount idea....

go easy with the chemical bath - caustic solutions EAT aluminium, I would suggest a good degrease & bead blast instead. I have known guys to put alloy parts in high concentrate caustic baths & go to remove the part & viola - nothing left (except the steel bits).

I agree I have a friend killed whole engine using the wrong stuff:yikes:

Priuz Riderz:

So in the time ive been away in miami, two-thirds of Los Angeles has blown away, a few of my friends were arrested, my hard tail got welded up by my homie Tim, engine parts were bathed in a hot shower of "chemicals" (more on that later), two 21" rims came in from ebay and a ton of additional engine and misc. parts arrived. ill have to weed through the parts to see what makes the cut in terms of production quality, my taste, and attributing to the overall vision i have for CALLING ALL DESTROYERS. I wonder what's going to end up making the cut...

photo-8.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

Yeah we should, my bike is still in pieces so I could just load them into the back of the prius and leave the hatch open

yeah we can just hang out in the fresh n easy parking lot with our hatches open and mc parts exposed...so tight

i think there is a video some where of a prius stuffed with motorcycle parts, i havent been able to locate it yet....

Nice thread. +2 on using a Prius as an XS hauler I brought parts of a disassembled XS650 home in my Prius and hauled two frames to a board brother in the Prius also.

Back