after market case covers

jackfroese13

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
does anyone know a site or shop that makes blank or finned case covers for the 650? really need the help.

thanks.

any pics and what did you use to do this I have some spare cases I would like to try this with.

need to grind ir down with heavy grit and work your way up to a finer grit sand paper , i used a da air sander . then you can wet sand it with fine sand paper and polish

Attachments

• exhuast 001.jpg
    exhuast 001.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 459
Can someone explain to me the fascination with erasing the word "Yamaha" from your XS650. Are you ashamed to show the world that you drive a 28 to 41 year old, cheap when new motorcycle. Maybe you can fool someone into thinking its a rare exotic make that was handbuilt in limited quantities.:shrug:

The fact that these bikes are still running and being enjoyed is because they were over-engineered and built with quality parts. Even with almost no maintenance over many years they still bounce back..................something that other brands have trouble doing.

Other viewpoints welcome.

I am removing the Yamaha logos from My XS. Not that I am ashamed, on the contrary. I own a number of Jap bikes. I just enjoy having the know-all types come up and compliment My Triumph! Having owned a couple or 3 XS in the past, it has happened with the logo in plain sight. I going as minimalist as possible, and this is part of the program. None of My bikes are stock, except this 72 Honda CL-70.

Attachments

• 72 Honda CL-70 015.jpg
    72 Honda CL-70 015.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 260
I don't mind having yamaha on the bike but they have put the name all over it when I got the bike the name yamaha was in 8 different places. What a way to market your name.:laugh:

All I have is Yamaha and I love when people give more looks at mine than a harley at shows. Old jap bikes are way cooler, you don't have to sell your soul to own one.

I am removing the Yamaha logos from My XS. Not that I am ashamed, on the contrary. I own a number of Jap bikes. I just enjoy having the know-all types come up and compliment My Triumph! Having owned a couple or 3 XS in the past, it has happened with the logo in plain sight. I going as minimalist as possible, and this is part of the program. None of My bikes are stock, except this 72 Honda CL-70.

ditto... + 'cause it's mine and i can !

My personal feelings is that is a "brand", like they used to do to cattle. I don't want to be put in any category, or for that fact, advertise for anybody, including harley. But i really feel to each his own. This is what making a bike your own so unique, the only one you have to please is yourself. So restore, chop, resto-mod your bike to your tastes for you.

Harley derby covers work, and there are a lot to choose from. You could even get one that says "Live to Ride" LOL

If you grind it off, be aware there won't be much material left-not much at all.

My favorite was a sweet Honda cafe racer where the guy welded/filled in some of the letters and made it read "HONAD". A huge amount of work just to tweak the few who would even notice it. :D

John

I was thinking of making mine say "HAHAHA"

You'd only need to change two letters.

Don't steal my idea.

Back