Any skydivers on here?

Did a tandem once about 10 years ago at 14,000ft. Much fun. Word of advice though, don't go after a night of heavy drinking. For some reason, you feel drunk all over again :D

Attachments

• scan0012.jpg
    scan0012.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 80
hi guys ,,,,first of all ,,,,i,m not ,,,,but,,,,, there,s a highly well known husband /wife team that are australian leading surgeons,,,, both in their own right ,,,,and they showed how they both climb high mountains all over the world ... and then throw them selves off the mountain ,,,and to top it off they both wear those flying suits ,,then open the small chute at the last minute ,,,, ,,, apparently they got sick of jumping out of planes ,,,,, i personally feel,,, if there,s nothing wrong with the plane why jump out ,,, stay and watch TV ,,,,,but these couple regularly go all over the world looking for high mountians to throw themselves off ...i do hope he will be more settled if he or she operate on me ,,,regards oldbiker

I really really want to do that. I have promised my daughter I'll take her skydiving on her 18th birthday; she has to be 18 to jump.

I did it once in the late '80's. Most intense thing I've ever done. :yikes:

Yes, in the early 90s, using a T-10 military round 'chute and a Cessna 182 gutted to the absolute max to reduce weight. With the T-10 the landing fall was the dangerous part.

It is an intense experience. The pilot cuts the engine and you quickly climb out onto a little platform above the wheel, hanging onto the wing strut. The jumpmaster says go and you jump off backward being careful not to do a back flip or bang your chin on the platform. Then immediately "assume the position" so you wi fall face down. Swinging under the 'chute as it opens is very nice. All of it's a nice experience. I wasn't afraid as I was doing it, but I went through some fear phases working up to it :)

Back