Any vintage car guys here?

Is that yours? In 1973-1974 , I owned a ‘67 Mustang, just like this car ( not my actual car ) Bronze metallic with a 289 and factory option hubcaps that look like spoke knock off wheels. I didn’t appreciate what a good car it was at the time. 🙄
IMG_6470.jpeg

Is that yours? In 1973-1974 , I owned a ‘67 Mustang, just like this car ( not my actual car ) Bronze metallic with a 289 and factory option hubcaps that look like spoke knock off wheels. I didn’t appreciate what a good car it was at the time. 🙄
View attachment 258062
That is a 66. The 67 had a body style change. The car in my post belongs to my better half. She bought one in 66 and after 4 or 5 repaints, several accidents (never her fault) and 18 years it finally was totalled in 1984. We married in 86 and I gifted her a half decent (half crappy) 66 on her October birthday in 91. Dents in every body panel but the trunk lid. Promised her to take to whatever level she wanted. I assumed a 289/302. For the next half year I stripped it to a shell, did brake rebuild, engine maintenance/tune up and put a fresh 67 3 speed into it, Cleaned, polished all the stainless trim, chrome trim, all the screw heads that hold it together, etc. Some of our weekday evenings were sitting at the kitchen table, watching a 13 or 16 inch TV with rags spread out and chrome polish, tooth brushes chrome bits and a tumbler of scotch. Drove the shell of a car with brake lights only to a very good body shop in Redondo Beach CA. They did a masterful body and paint resto but I think missed the mark on the Tahoe Turquoise color by a fraction of some hue or other. Chipped glass was replaced, bumper straightened and rechromed. We brought it home to San Pedro CA and started the reassembly with new carpet, all new rubber seals and window felts. I hung the bumpers with the help of my brother in law. Probably May or June 1992 because he was displaced by the Rodney King riots and was staying with us at the time. This was all before Amazon.

Outstanding! I love the story behind the car and the fact that she worked on it with you! 👍🏻
She did help with details. There are a bunch of rubber pieces that need four hands to set with the glue setting. The seats were very good but neglected and smoke layered, she was the scrub brush and Armour All expert. ( Curiosly, the Radio Preset pushbuttons have a cigarette burn like some laid (or fumbled) a lit butt on those old pushbuttons but she didn't want me to find new ones.) Setting door hinges and window regulators (WTF is a "window regulator"). We carried the lower front quarter emblem in the car with us, freshened up, and every Mustang we saw parked we would hold the emblem up to see if we had the right "Red, White and Blue because the original was washed away and I was testing with Testors model paints.
1703292811268.png
1703292741516.png

Last edited:
My current rolling project.
This one was "discovered" in a warehouse with 40 other vintage cars. It was the last one they pulled out. I bought it from one of the helpers that day who was sold the car in appreciation for helping clear the other cars out. This 1968 Triumph Spitfire in Royal Blue had been stored since the early '70s due to a seized engine. I bought it with a replacement engine installed but I got the original 1300 small journal engine with it. I'm rebuilding it since the replacement engine suffers from terminal blow-by. It also has the extremely rare Plastic Dynamics fiberglass hard top.

thumbnail-3.jpg
IMG_2142.JPG
IMG_3368.JPG

Last edited:
My current rolling project.
This one was "discovered" in a warehouse with 40 other vintage cars. It was the last one they pulled out. I bought it from one of the helpers that day who was sold the car in appreciation for helping clear the other cars out. This 1968 Triumph Spitfire in Royal Blue had been stored since the early '70s due to a seized engine. I bought it with a replacement engine installed but I got the original 1300 small journal engine with it. I'm rebuilding it since the replacement engine suffers from terminal blow-by. It also has the extremely rare Plastic Dynamics fiberglass hard top.

View attachment 258984View attachment 258985View attachment 258987

Oooh…. a Spitfire! I always wanted one of those. 😍

I spent a lot of my misguided youth tearing around in ( other peoples 😕) Triumphs and MG’s. An absolute blast they were!
I've had several MGB's, an MG Midget, a Bugeye Sprite and a Triumph TR4-A. All of them were a blast to drive. As Jim said above... it's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow.

Back