Anybody use MiksXS chain adjusters?

racerdave

^ Gone not forgotten ^
Reaction score
Are these good quality? Or should I source oem? Mine are all rusted.

Attachments

• 28-1065.jpg
    28-1065.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 90
Mine came without the index mark which is nice for adjusting the alignment. I suggest placing the adjusters side by side and use a chisel to mark them both at teh same time with the same hit. This way will have both index marks exactly the same.

Note that I didn't do this to mine yet because I didn't notice the lack of marks until I had the adjusters installed. I'll mark them when I change the tire.

Tom Graham

I bought a pair and they are cery low quality. Lousy "plating" (if you can even call it that) and both sides of both adjusters have several deep gouges in them....look elsewhere...:wtf:

341-25388-01-00 and 341-25389-00-00 are obsolete, NLA. So, what is the option? It's tough to find used ones that aren't rusted.

If you want a really nice set,then I would suggest getting your OEM set polished and replated.The last set cost me around $25 and they look show quality. I guess you get what you pay for. I always use OEM parts when possible,instead of cheap overseas junk.Not that the quality of some early Japanese parts were that great,but I still think that they are superior to most of the replacement junk now offered.

i got a set too.
the bolts must be zink. when I was tighting up my axle the adjuster turned with the nut because the bolt was to weak and it bent. I went to ace and got to good bolts and that did the tric. but what a hassle that was.

I've used them several times. Function just fine, the finish could be better for sure. But they do work well, better than old crusty OEM ones...

Back