anyone build their own solo seat

I made mine with 1/8" aluminum sheet cut and bent. glued and shaped some closed cell foam to it and bought marine grade vinyl for the cover. i did not do the sewing part though. check my profile for pics

I built a seat with some metal from an old street sign. I cut out the shape I wanted bent the tail up. I had some threaded bolts welded on the bottom but you could probably just drill holes in the pan and use bolts to secure the seat bracket and springs. Next I went to goodwill and bought an old leather jacket for a few $ and drilled holes ever 2 inches around the edges of the pan. I used a yoga mat and 3m spray adhesive for the pad, dampened the leather jacket piece I was using, put some 3m adhesive spray on top of the yoga mat pad and stretched the leather over the edges. Pull the leather as tight as you can and use rivets and small washer to secure it in the holes on the bottom of the seat.

I bent up this seat pan myself from plasma cut 1/8" steel, had it wrapped by tuffside.

636822FA-F991-44A0-987E-187C425794FB_zpsxn8zxnvh.jpg

1930DBF3-749D-4598-A4D0-EFAE812D2D75_zpsexlodc3b.jpg

Working on one. Basic pan was torch cut from carbon steel sheet metal,cleaned with grinders, base layer of foam is a camping bed roll, middle industrial closed cell insulation and top a 1/2" memory foam and 1/2" gel piece bought off E-bay. Leather is being sourced through a local company.

Back