Anyone else having trouble getting parts in Canada?

leighd42

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems MikesXS and XS650Direct have an agreement that doesn't allow MikesXS sell or ship to Canada. Is there any other distributors up here that has the parts for these old girls? XS650Direct only stocks a small selection of what is available through MikesXS and for sometime now a lot of the parts they do supply are out of stock. I'm about 2 days away from having my build come to a grinding halt just as the weather is warming up. :banghead:

Any suggestions? Has anyone gotten around this with MikesXS like hold for pickup at a US UPS depot?

Yes. I cant even get a hold of 650central..and all I need is some damn swinger seals.

Xs650direct is out of anything that anyone needs..

Must only be certain stuff. My new tank got here in a couple of days.

I agree that it sucks that you can't simply buy some of the neat stuff Mike's sells. Sounds like hindrance to trade to me. Can't see how it would be legal, but I guess you can't force someone to do business with you. Maybe it's just the whole small market issue again. There's probably not a huge number of people modding XS's in Canada so that 650 Direct can cater to everyone's whims. At least in Ottawa if we really want something we can get it shipped to the UPS store in Ogdensburg and take a 40min trip to pick it up.

17-6903 - Ultimate coil
27-5001 - fork tube cap seals
56-0046 - Izumi HT 104 link chain

There are other items too but these 3 are my top priority.

Goes back to before Mike L sold the business.

Mike L set up the Canadian store and i think his son ran/owned it. When he sold the business he kept the Canadian, (650direct) store. seems it may have been an agreement not to cross-border sell stuff. Heiden Tuning was a partner of MikesXs before the sale went through, seems there was a falling out with the new owner, so now Heiden gets his own stuff from the manufacturers.

Last edited:
Will MikesXS ship "hold for pick-up" to a UPS store in the States? What does customs charges usually cost you bringing the stuff back across the border?

Seems MikesXS and XS650Direct have an agreement that doesn't allow MikesXS sell or ship to Canada. Is there any other distributors up here that has the parts for these old girls? XS650Direct only stocks a small selection of what is available through MikesXS and for sometime now a lot of the parts they do supply are out of stock. I'm about 2 days away from having my build come to a grinding halt just as the weather is warming up. :banghead:

Any suggestions? Has anyone gotten around this with MikesXS like hold for pickup at a US UPS depot?

Just did that this past weekend. I ordered enough from Mikes to take advantage of the free shipping. We have a parcel service just across the border in the US that I had it shipped to. XS650direct sure is slow in replenishing their stock. They were out of camchain guides for at least 2 months. Have most of the small stuff though. Hope they won't run out of rings when I'm doing my top end next month.

I had to order my pamco while on vacation in Florida. XS650Direct was outta stock forever. I see they finally have them in now. Seems like when you put an order together there's always a couple things you need that they don't have in stock. Not too speedy on restocking the shelves either.

The one's I use are all independent. It's so popular that there are 3 or 4 of them there and it's just a dinky little town. Service charge is about 2-5 dollars (and you get a free coffee!)

Just Google the name of the US town (near a border crossing) nearest you, along with "package service" or "US mailing address" and I'm sure you will get a result.

But, I see no reason why you also couldn't also use the address of the US UPS store closest to you also.

Most times I don't have to pay any duty bringing it back across. Seems they can't be bothered (and nor should they) to bring you in to collect $25 or less. Especially if you bring the wife along and pick up some groceries.

If they decide to charge you duty though, you're looking at around 10%.

When an oem part is back order on xsdirect, i always check on boats.net to see if it's not obsolet from Yamaha and often I can have it from my yami dealer! And yeah, seriously, xsdirect need to restocks their shelves more often. I'Ve waited like 6 months for a mini-speedo before they finally have it in stock!

Back