Asylum cycles - any ideas ?

Paleomechanic

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys , anyone in the Rochester area that has any news on this company? I ordered a wire harness for my XS and have been trying to contact them

Any info would be appreciated

cheers!

Well….after many months ….

No harness, no refund . A few excuses why it never arrived, and he says he can’t afford to refund my purchase.

I suppose you guys can draw your own conclusions if you want to deal with them.

I do my level best to support small independent shops , always have, as I believe in small communities and small business that make them great places to live, but … now and then, this kind of thing happens

I suppose it’s easy as I don’t live local to them, that I can be brushed off, but I thought I’d post this out as a warning about Asylum Cycle.

Sorry to hear that; such bullshit. That's not a business, it's just THEFT, plain and simple.

Here's the advertisement this thief posted here in the Classifieds back in November & December 2022 (perhaps one you responded to?)
https://www.xs650.com/threads/xs650-harness-kits-available.63198/
https://www.xs650.com/threads/harness-kit-special-2-days-left.63225/

No doubt a wannabe mechanic and entrepreneur & can't do either: @JayTheWrench
Yes,
It sounded good at the time . It’s a bit more of a hit for me $ wise, as I’m Canadian, so our dollar is only worth about .73c USD, so automatically, you can see what I actually paid is 25% more than list …
It’s a definite disadvantage when I order stuff from the US, but I don’t mind paying for quality goods from good, and hopefully , smaller shops . My vw bus custom engine wire harness for example …big dollars with the exchange, but worth every penny ! . For the bus folks out there , the company is

“ the modern bay co.” Highly recommended!

This is my company, and I absolutely am not a theif. I have worked my ass off for the last 3 years building this company. Sometimes in the mix I have missed orders but do my best to make it right. If you had placed an order with me and I missed it then contact me and I will make it right!

Around the time I was running this special my shop became closed for over 6 weeks due to an ice storm causing damage to the building. Because of that I almost went bankrupt!

I'll be damned if someone calls me a scam or a thief! I am a small business and been a mechanic for well over a decade! I run a full service/custom motorcycle shop and have supplied 100's of harness kits over the last few years to customers worldwide. But then I miss a couple in the mix and I'm a horrible scam artist?!

If I missed your kit then contact me and i will make it right but don't start being a bunch of keyboard warriors thinking you know someone when you don't! I have put my life into this business and have done everything I can to support the xs650 community!

Jay
Asylum Cycles
585-454-9367

There were some that came forward on Facebook but haven't heard anything for about a week. Jeremi (Jay) promised me at least ten times all with different excuses each time. 3 days ago he acted like he was finally able to make mine but I heard that from him over and over and over and over and over and over still I don't have my $300 wiring harness.

There were some that came forward on Facebook but haven't heard anything for about a week. Jeremi (Jay) promised me at least ten times all with different excuses each time. 3 days ago he acted like he was finally able to make mine but I heard that from him over and over and over and over and over and over still I don't have my $300 wiring harness.
Have a link

Sounds like JP had him dead to rights. We will lock both those threads with some sort of warning.

Last edited:
Back