Asylum cycles - any ideas ?

Exactly true . It’s how I’m taking this . More good than not good . I’m richer for the community here, and I’ve reflected much on the situation, perhaps it’s my Mennonite upbringing, or my lodge brothers , but I’m better letting it go.
I’m privileged to be able to, and I do hope that someday the accounts are settled , but I won’t allow myself to be pulled down into his unfortunate existence.
The group here is great , and I’m thankful for all of you
I have a similar gang ( and the occasional bad apple ) over in my space of vintage target rifles …
Oh, by the 46th, just finished my rebuild of a 1859 Snider , here’s some pics for you!
( also posing with my SMLE target Number 1)
I had a customer beat me out of a substantial amount of money and of course my first instinct as a redneck was...thankfully the better angels of my faith won out. Love your collection. Wish I had the skill both as a gunsmith and a shooter that you have.

It's time to ratchet up the pressure on Jeremi aka Jay dba Asylum Cycles. I'm starting a Facebook blitz as SCAM ALERT for asylum cycles his address is public knowledge, his work phone number is public knowledge. His business practices are about to become public knowledge. It's too bad because our community needs craftsmen and technical people but just not like Jeremi.

It's time to ratchet up the pressure on Jeremi aka Jay dba Asylum Cycles. I'm starting a Facebook blitz as SCAM ALERT for asylum cycles his address is public knowledge, his work phone number is public knowledge. His business practices are about to become public knowledge. It's too bad because our community needs craftsmen and technical people but just not like Jeremi.
This modern age makes it pretty easy to "summon the mob." Kinda like the linching mobs of days past when someone would get drug outta jail by the mob and strung up by his neck... all without his day in court.
Jay may or may not have his reasons for not delivering... I don't know.... and I don't have a dog in this fight. It's just this modern day mob thing makes me uneasy... very uneasy.

No link it has since been deleted

I'm with Jim on this.

Lets start with proof of the purchase. Must be one of several things. Communication with a receipt of purchase. That could start from the confirmation of the order and an invoice from Asylum Cycles. A receipt he sent you, a paypal confirmation of payment, (not as a friends and family payment), or some other form of confirmation like a bank transfer, (or internet banking), with his details on it.

If there are no records or conversations, about not receiving the goods, (been deleted, that's why i asked for a link), or any receipt for proof of payment then any action taken is not above board.

I'm not saying Asylum Cycles has not done wrong, as has been claimed. What i am saying is, you need to be able to back up any claim with proof and should be posted when making any claim when/before you "ratchet up the pressure" If not then any internet action taken, especially if it creates a frenzy, (lot of crazies who will make statements because they don't like him and may have never done any business with them), leading to the collapse of his business and he can prove it, then maybe, he would have legal grounds to take action against the instigator.

Make sure off your footing.

Any statements on the Internet can be used legally. JP's statement, in post no #, is an adhomin attack because he does not say or mention he has head any dealings, leading to problems with the vendor, just calling him a thief on someone else's word without any proof posted is a good example of what will most likely happen by 100 to 1000% posting on facebook.

As one who has been put out by all of this both in time and funds lost, I will not encourage or condone this action. I have lots of reasons why.

I can certainly prove everything as I have all the written correspondence, however, speaking for myself, it’s not worth the trouble this may cause, to everyone involved.

I’ve written earlier on this threat to my personal thoughts on this.

To add, I’m also an investigator with Canada’s National Police Force , the RCMP. This is a bit of an over share on social media, however , I say this only to reference to the potential legalities of “social media mobbing “ I’m not fully sure of the US or State Laws, but I’m sure they are pretty close to ours

Proof matters gentleman. If you decide this is the path you choose, choose carefully

All the best guys!

Yelp
BBB
GROUP ADMIN, Facebook.
There are ways of getting results without doxxing someone. I've been waiting to see if JM was going catch up and do right by his paid customers but still nothing. I ordered a harness on January 5th 2023. Almost 6 months ago. I don't care what delays he may have had this time frame is excessive by any standard. That coupled with all the dozens of excuses. He finally texted me back claiming he was sick this time. Unbelievable.

Jeremi claimed his PayPal account wasn't working so we had about an hour of back and forth to finally settle on Google pay.. again I trusted the man

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230528-100536.png
    Screenshot_20230528-100536.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 35
Any statements on the Internet can be used legally. JP's statement, in post no #, is an adhomin attack because he does not say or mention he has head any dealings, leading to problems with the vendor, just calling him a thief on someone else's word without any proof posted is a good example of what will most likely happen by 100 to 1000% posting on facebook.
My reasoning for posting the uncharacteristically harsh comment regarding @JayTheWrench was twofold:

• He came on here, right before the holidays, and promoted custom harnesses (opinion: of dubious utility) and name dropped Daddy G. in an obvious attempt to prompt some orders and raise some quick cash. Then didn't deliver and dropped out-of-sight. FACT
  • Been my experience that those that adopt monikers such as his (Vinny the Broom, etc) are a prideful - yet unscrupulous - bunch from a specific geographic area and they typically respond to being "called-out" bluntly (it got a response after much silence...). AD HOMINEM

He's been appropriately shamed here, yet it didn't yield any resolution (or refunds).

PS - My profile is my real name with my real zip code; any summons mailed Certified and addressed "General Delivery" will be sufficient and will be answered forthwith - GFL...:lmao:

Last edited:
Jeremi claimed his PayPal account wasn't working so we had about an hour of back and forth to finally settle on Google pay.. again I trusted the man

To clarify , I am actually working on something, just pulling different levers …

On that , I have opened an investigation with VISA , as that’s how I paid . VISA seems to be quite interested in the individual…but this is being conducted “offline”
I suspect PayPal had shit-canned his ass for perhaps previous chicanery. If VISA does likewise (they can), it's a serious impediment to conducting any business.

Again, I don't really have a "dog in this fight", such things (dishonesty) just particularly "push my buttons".......:cussing:

Last edited:
Just got a text from Mr Miller,
He's just going to refund my money. He doesn't want to work with me anymore. We shall see in 5 business days for some reason. Keep y'all posted.
Congratulations 🥳

…He told me the same thing mid April , but then there was a problem with his “ shop monkey” payment system

I hope this goes better for you than it did me

I doubt it will go better I just got a text from him stating he's sending a check in the mail, bahahahaha. It was a scam from the beginning now that I see the whole thing in retrospect. Started with his payment method being down. Then a flood or some other natural disaster. Then he received bad parts, all of the components were bad all at the same time, wow what are the odds. Then his inability to fill international orders because of freight increased costs. And it went on and on and on. Buyer beware. He now claims his payment method isn't working or some B's so he's gonna send a check? Now my problem is I'm moving from NY to Illinois and I can almost guarantee he intensionally mails to the wrong address after he acknowledged my new address. What a mess. This is total fraud.

Back