Attention: XSers In NC, SC Va and Tn

ReycleBill

Part Time Tyrannicide
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, my friend Wooley and I have been thinking about putting together something called the Blistered Bottom Motorcycle Ride and Camp out. It's not exclusive to XSers (Wooley rides an Ironhead Sportster) but being we both live in north central, North Carolina (I'm in Greensboro, Wooley's in Burlington) I thought I'd ask who lives nearby and who wants to get together, ride, camp out and tell tall biker tales? Or tall tales about short bikers?

We don't know exactly where, when or anything else but would love to have your input.

Just so you know, Wooley and I have nothing against the occasional drink but want nothing to do with folks who drink and ride so if you can't go all day without a drink or a buzz then please find someone else to ride with. And please, any trouble beyond a broken down motorcycle simply isn't acceptable.

Of course, if you live way far away you're invited to do so but being that at least a handful of folks here are not too far from central North Carolina I thought you might be interested. Or not?

Cool, that's the same place where they have the annual tractor show and it's about 45 minutes from my house. I'll talk to the planning committee (Wooley and I) and see what we can come up with. Being that it's less than 30 minutes away we could throw this in the mix: http://www.heartofnorthcarolina.com/things-to-do/index.pl?id=517 Wooley and I know the area and could act as free tour guides.

sounds good... hopefully i'll be riding down again this year . couple of pics from last year . keep us posted on the plans

Attachments

• denton nc 2010 004.jpg
    denton nc 2010 004.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 119
  • denton nc 2010 015.jpg
    denton nc 2010 015.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 125
  • denton nc 2010 018.jpg
    denton nc 2010 018.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 114
Cashiers and Highlands area is one of my favorite riding areas in the country.:) A ways from you, but mighty nice.

John

Here's the info for the ride we're planning: http://billysmotorcycles.blogspot.com/2011/04/blistered-bottom-ride-routing.html

If the group is small we will be camping on private property belonging to friends and family, if it grows larger we'll use some of the nearby campgrounds. So far I'm to only one riding an XS so feel free to ride whatever you have available.

And if you can't ride the entire trip them get in touch and we'll arrange to meet you in route.

Here's the info for the ride we're planning: http://billysmotorcycles.blogspot.com/2011/04/blistered-bottom-ride-routing.html

If the group is small we will be camping on private property belonging to friends and family, if it grows larger we'll use some of the nearby campgrounds. So far I'm to only one riding an XS so feel free to ride whatever you have available.

And if you can't ride the entire trip them get in touch and we'll arrange to meet you in route.

I'm not quite that confident in my bike (or me!) yet to make a trek like that, but I'm interested in knowing how it turns out! Please take pics! :)

TC

Looking to buy a XS since I have been out of a motorcycle for about 10 years now. Bug is biting HARD

This might work for you: They claim it's a TX, restored it's worth even more than an XS though they're really the same bike. They started at $1200 dropped to $1000. I think they'll drop more. Make them get you a title as it's a lot easier for the real owners to get lost titles than it is for you or I to get a new title-- cheaper too. A lost title is $100 in North Carolina but only real owners can get lost titles. They'll tell you the price will go up if they have to get the title-- set a limit below what they're asking and stand firm. Or offer them $50 to $100 and buy it for a parts bike-- the title is the most valuable part of the bike and the hardest to repair. It's located in Liberty, NC. near Greensboro: http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/2348494626.html

I e-mailed them a few days ago before they knocked $200 off the price but considering the pile of XS parts (mostly untitled frames) I have lying under that tarp out back and my shop full of engines I have no need for another untitled motorcycle.

If you buy it then let us know what it needs.

And hold the line, $50-$100 without a title, something under $1000 with a title. They'll tell you it's worth hundreds as a parts bike but having recently retired from the salvage business I can tell you the scrap metal value is currently about $40.

Back