Bike will not charge please help

zeben75

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I don't know what's the problem is but the bike will not charge and I am not sure what to do to check it ..I need to charge it before I ride and I only get about 45 min before it dies please help I hate jut ridding around the block I want to get on the open road. Thanks

I would test the battery to make sure it is good, charge it and check the brushes on the alternator, but someone with more experience within these I'm sure will have some better suggestions. Good luck.

Check voltage at the battery while running.
Then the brushes as Hooligans said.
Put a manual in the bathroom.

also helps to tell us what your running.
Look at the bottom of my post at the signature. i put in the bikes I have. it also gives us a way to tell if your up to the task of working on these bikes or not.
For instance, gggary has a ca-billion of these in his stable, so we know for sure he can tackle anything, where as we have no Idea if this is your first bike, or your hundreth, so, go up to the top of the page here, click the control panel, and fill out a signature. also, put where you live under your avatar, one of us might live near you that can actually help in person.
i dont mean to be a dick, but this would help us help you.

Back