Bikes

in California (consistently higher prices than almost anywhere else in the states) it would probably fetch 5-6k+(USD) if you had a little time to wait for the right buyer.

Seen quite a few sell in the 6.5k range over the last year.

Looks like a nice bike! I would think they would pull a premium in Australia since they got less but I’m sure there are guys on here that can help more with the market there.

Nice ones, as yours.. $5-7,000.oo Finding one now.... any of the early standards is getting more difficult every year. Remember that 67' Nova SS, 327, factory four seed your bought in 1979 for $400.oo. Drove it home. Today it's worth...... I want to cry.... :mad:

in California (consistently higher prices than almost anywhere else in the states) it would probably fetch 5-6k+(USD) if you had a little time to wait for the right buyer.

Seen quite a few sell in the 6.5k range over the last year.

Looks like a nice bike! I would think they would pull a premium in Australia since they got less but I’m sure there are guys on here that can help more with the market there.
Hey mate thanks for your time and thoughts. Appreciate that!

Good day,
Hope all are well. Hope all are riding and having fun. Seeking a little guidance with the value of my 1973 TX650. Fully rebuilt top to bottom. Motor, crank, trans, cam changed to a 447. The lot. New Mikuni VM34 carbies with new throttle cable. Head set w/tapered bearings. Swing arm bronze bushings. All rubber fittings. Complete re wire front to back with Electric ignition (no points) and new ignition coil, plugs and wires. As well as a PMA kit. Front head light to H4 style bulb. Rebuilt suspension with new rear Koni shocks. Brakes lines and front caliper. Frame repainted. Grips etc. Only thing I have not done is a refirb on the seat. I am sure I am leaving something out. I want to sell it and upgrade to a Yami XJR1300. Thoughts on what it would be worth in Australia? Thanks for your time,
Enjoy the knees in the breeze

Being that it isn't original, the price will reflect that. A collector isn't going to pay top $ for 447 internals with a PMA (PMA and points are easy enough to change back), that will be a contributing factor for a buyer, as will the wiring loom, (is it a home made one of a reproduction of an original), and the electronic ignition and carbs.

The bike would be considered a resto mod with the carbs, ignition and charging system and the 447 engine internals, at best.........The early 71-73 engines cam is considered superior, (slightly hotter), to the 447 cam. Shame you didn't swap the 73 cam onto the 447 motor. It can be done by changing the 447 cam sprocket on to the 73 Cam.

+ for a buyer, is the work done to the bike, if you have rebuilt the motor, crank bearings to new pistons with good rear shocks, (don't mention the front suspension), and if it is running properly, (not the usual carbs need a clean sales pitch), then you will probably be looking at breaking even on what you have spent on it.

Different places in Oz, do mean big differences in prices. Hard to sell them up here for the price you will get in Sydney or Brisbane. In Melbourne you should get a good price on par with Sydney

If i was in the market and looking for a TX and the price of a good original one was in the $8-9,000 mark i wouldn't pay more than $6.5 for yours due to it not being original. Still consider it a good buy because of the work done to it, just not an investment bike and the price has to reflect that. where an original may still go up in price yours probably wont and at best will hold its value.

Hey 650 Skull,
That is a lot of information that is extremely eye opening. You are spot on brother. Classic look with a updated heart does hurt the value but it has a lot if perks as well. I do have all the original parts off it that I plan to sell with the bike. Does that ad to the value of the sale price or should I flog the parts separately? Makes me a bit bummed about the 447 swap but it does sound nice hahah thanks again for your time and consideration. That was the info I was after! There is a stock orange xs on gumtree for 18k hahahaha insane

Prices down under are insane compared to USA prices. It's a lot nicer than mine but not perfect.
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/317488876850487/?media_id=0&ref=share_attachment

1644705782714.png

Hey 650 Skull,
That is a lot of information that is extremely eye opening. You are spot on brother. Classic look with a updated heart does hurt the value but it has a lot if perks as well. I do have all the original parts off it that I plan to sell with the bike. Does that ad to the value of the sale price or should I flog the parts separately? Makes me a bit bummed about the 447 swap but it does sound nice hahah thanks again for your time and consideration. That was the info I was after! There is a stock orange xs on gumtree for 18k hahahaha insane

Hard to say and to be honest i don't know what people are prepared to pay. Like anywhere i guess some idiots will overpay thinking it will go up.

Geof from Geofs XS does restorations. A few years ago now, I was talking to him about XS prices and where they were going. His statement was he would get the people he was restoring for, to spend as much as he could get them to spend. If they spent $10,000 on a restoration and enough people did that then coupled with the XSrevival, age specific group, (baby boomers), then it would lift the market value of the XS. Geof actually said, even he had to stop a guy spending any more on an XS2 restoration because it had gone to the $12,000 mark.

With your TX having the parts to sell with the bike would make it more attractive and worth a bit more. If the engine is still the 447 and you don't have a spare 256 engine parts, or the 256 needs to be fully rebuilt...???..........................The 447 is in the engine case that is frame/engine same no's then it will always have that as a negative. With the part scarcity, in Oz maybe be more value to sell the TX parts separate, than what they would add to the bike as a whole....................But you know, i don't honestly know, and you will need to talk to some locals who are objective and don't have a some sort of connection or reason to inflate prices.

Ya for sure 650
Hard to say and to be honest i don't know what people are prepared to pay. Like anywhere i guess some idiots will overpay thinking it will go up.

Geof from Geofs XS does restorations. A few years ago now, I was talking to him about XS prices and where they were going. His statement was he would get the people he was restoring for, to spend as much as he could get them to spend. If they spent $10,000 on a restoration and enough people did that then coupled with the XSrevival, age specific group, (baby boomers), then it would lift the market value of the XS. Geof actually said, even he had to stop a guy spending any more on an XS2 restoration because it had gone to the $12,000 mark.

With your TX having the parts to sell with the bike would make it more attractive and worth a bit more. If the engine is still the 447 and you don't have a spare 256 engine parts, or the 256 needs to be fully rebuilt...???..........................The 447 is in the engine case that is frame/engine same no's then it will always have that as a negative. With the part scarcity, in Oz maybe be more value to sell the TX parts separate, than what they would add to the bike as a whole....................But you know, i don't honestly know, and you will need to talk to some locals who are objective and don't have a some sort of connection or reason to inflate prices.

Ya for sure. People will pay anything. Oz has crazy pricing compared to the states mate. Funny what you mentioned about Geoffs XS650. I already knew he was a thief but this proves it. He rebuilt my mates motor and ya took advantage of a human being. His work is shit. He doesn’t even rebuild them. If something comes out wrong he isn’t there to help you out. Put’s the blame on you. Wait wait wait a minute. We are getting off topic. Hahahha
Let’s go back to value. Anyways XS650’s are sweet as bru

Thanks for your time and thoughts!

Back