Brat Project Photo

Dusty

Dusty
Reaction score
This is the new project in mock up. Its tack welded, and I'm thinking of stretching the front of the frame. I'm not sure if I like it yet.
The other photo is of the yamagarage.
The photo of the stocker, is a 77 that was given to me. ( free ). The p.o. tried to trade it in, and was told by the dealer that they would have to charge him to dispose of it.

Attachments

• bike photos 004.jpg
    bike photos 004.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 269
  • bike photos 005.jpg
    bike photos 005.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 234
  • bike photos 010.jpg
    bike photos 010.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 202
  • bike photos 006.jpg
    bike photos 006.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 209
That 77 looks in pretty good shape...wish my 72 looked like that.
I'm thinking about starting a Brat/Hardtail build with my buddies 74 TX. We are'nt sure whether to go T.C. Bros hardtail or do that Brat Kit over in the Marketplace section that's only 85 bucks. Certainly cheaper, and you get to keep the shocks so you're spine may not be broken by the time you get to the bar. Have you ridden both? does the Brat ride much better?

This 74 is going to be a basket case...I'll be suprised if I can get it running seeing as it's been in the woods for atleast 5 years....probably has the pistons rusted to the jugs haha.

I have not ridden the brat. The stock bike rides great. Think the t.c bro. hard tail out real hard. There are alot of weld on tails that look SO much better than t.c.

We were just lookin T.C. b/c this is definitley a "budget build" totally contingent on me getting this thing running. I'm thinking that brat kit in marketplace could be the way to go especially if the rear shocks are in decent shape...this thing should be showing up on a truck soon so I'm curious to see how it looks.

If you are worried about ride quality then you should go for the brat. The hardtail is what it is....hard. unless you have nice roads where you live. I love my hardtail and will continue to have them but I have more than one bike. If you really want a hardtail do it! But if your iffy. ............just my opinion tho!

Posted via Mobile

I hear yeah....not my bike ultimately, just trying to get as many options and pricing specs available so this guy can decide what he's gonna weld on this turd so we can get riding....I can't wait to see it, it's probably a big giant piece of rust....

Back