Bratstyle - Screw that, Let's Chop!

Hugh, what did you use to bend your tubing?

That rear loop, connecting those frame rails was exactly what I was going to try to bend up. But Im wanting the horizontal tubes to have more of slow curve like the VI-brat kit. Honestly cant say how the hell Im going to do that though.

And LOL at the pic on the top of page #2. It looks like your engine tripped out of the frame and did a faceplant on the shop floor. And then shit a little bit.

So ya'll ready for some pics from the photoshoot?

Make sure to drop in on Frank Bott's website, he's shot a good deal of our bikes, and other customer bikes as well that you folks might dig...

http://www.frankjbott.com/

Skinny!!

704817_4944952297665_1105481519_o.jpg

616579_4944638209813_983080234_o.jpg

Looks great. Nice photo shoot a real pro. Who bent the pipes? Looks mutch better than the 2 jnto 1 my opinion.

I 2nd that, and it looks like a full-length version of the exhaust on that cartoon sticker Hugh threw in with my PMA kit.

Is that frame just media blasted and then clear coated?
It looks effen sick.

Last edited:
Fugly piece of shit Hugh, you should hang it up.

I'll do that :thumbsup:

Looks great. Nice photo shoot a real pro. Who bent the pipes? Looks mutch better than the 2 jnto 1 my opinion.

The pipes were a struggle for me on this bike. I tried several sets, and finally decided we needed a custom set...

I 2nd that, and it looks like a full-length version of the exhaust on that cartoon sticker Hugh threw in with my PMA kit.

These pipes were inspired by my first bike build, which coincidentally, inspired that sticker :laugh:

Is that frame just media blasted and then clear coated?
It looks effen sick.

Frame was sandblasted, then painstakingly kept free of scuffs and scratches while we slowly blued all the welds. Then is was powdercoated in a clear finish to help preserve the "raw" look of the chassis. The frame, swingarm, motor mounts, brake mounts and linkages were all done in the same manner... All while handled with gloves to keep oils from my hands causing any flash rusting. From the minute I sandblasted it, it was less than 20 hours to being in the powdercoating oven. And yes, I got to prep the frame and spray the powder too Everything you see was done in house, or next door at PowderTek. Of that 20 hours, 18 of it was in preperation for the powdercoating. Add in the 9-10 hours of grinding away the OEM ugly, 15-25 hours or so of custom fabwork and 2 hours or so stretching the swingarm, and you got yourself a fair amount of work in this thing... :thumbsup:

Definately like the way you finished the frame hugh. I think you have inspired me to stretch my swingarm a bit as well.

awesome images Hugh.
I just love the flow of those exhausts ...how on earth did you bend them so smoothly ?

can you tell us how you achieve those amazing images ?

awesome images Hugh.
I just love the flow of those exhausts ...how on earth did you bend them so smoothly ?

can you tell us how you achieve those amazing images ?

The pipes were made up using Pandemonium Customs Exhaust Kit

XS650-Exhuast-Kits-AD_Page_1-450x337.jpg

http://newstore.pandemoniumcustomchoppers.com/newstore/shop/accessories/xs650-exhaust-kit/

The kit has everything you'll need to make a set of killer pipes for your own chop...

As for the photography, this was all done in Frank Bott's Studio, you can check out his work here: http://www.frankjbott.com/

Frank has shot several of our bikes, as well as customer bikes... He does some killer work, and is a blast to hang out with...

The bike came out killer!
I looked at the other pics they gave me some inspiration on my build.
very interesting to say the least. 2 of the pics stand out.
:thumbsup::bike:

Back