Brit xs650

no secret, just hard work and correct materials. First, if possible, I sand off the chrome getting to the nickel. Adhesion is a lot better on nickel. If that can't be done, then at least create some good sized sanding scratches in the chrome. This gives the paint tooth . . something to bite to. Then I use epoxy primer. Epoxy also has great adhesion properties. Doing it this way, I have bumpers that were painted 20 years ago and still look good.

OK here's the slicer. It took too many hours to even tell . . to make this thing. Its made well :) I did all the artwork and even tried spraying the lettering on, but had problems. So I decided to turn my artwork over to a vinyl guy and have it cut out. Its a cool font and will really set it off.

Attachments

• slicer.jpg
    slicer.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 115
Well done, pal. She looks sweet!

Slicer... so that's what they call those... I'll bet they make short work of pedestrians. Slicing through traffic... down the sidewalk...

"AIYEE!!:
"Run!"
"What the -"
"Look out!"
"He's crazy I tell ya! Ow, my 'rhoids!!"
"What's that noise behind m- AIYEEEEEE!!"

That taillight is old school. It is cast that I painted black. They are all over ebay, ones like it or similar. Its an old school British light. Old choppers and stuff used them too.

Back