Broken points bucket.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Buttoned the engine up today, what a schmozzle, first off I installed the cam the wrong way around, so, had to pull the rocker cover off and turn the cam around, hopefully the base and head gasket won't leak now.
Then I broke the points bucket. None available in Oz, only available from the US on ebay. But quite cheap at only $16. Then there's the postage, $54. So that's $70 or $106 Aust. I might have to have a shot at making one myself I think.

Now. lining the Cam centrepop mark up. It's supposed to be level with the top mating surface of the head, but impossible to do that, it's either too low, or too high. I put it in high as the back side of the chain is trailing and hopefully the adjuster will pull it down a little.

We all have " moments ".. last week I spent an hour mounting a carburetor.... poor lighting.... tight space... got it done.. used my flashlight to give everything the once over and.... Aaaaaaaargh :mad: Under the carb ..on the motor...the gasket that goes between the carb and engine .... *&^%$+{@# :mad::mad:

Buttoned the engine up today, what a schmozzle, first off I installed the cam the wrong way around, so, had to pull the rocker cover off and turn the cam around, hopefully the base and head gasket won't leak now.
Then I broke the points bucket. None available in Oz, only available from the US on ebay. But quite cheap at only $16. Then there's the postage, $54. So that's $70 or $106 Aust. I might have to have a shot at making one myself I think.

Now. lining the Cam centrepop mark up. It's supposed to be level with the top mating surface of the head, but impossible to do that, it's either too low, or too high. I put it in high as the back side of the chain is trailing and hopefully the adjuster will pull it down a little.

should have asked on here. I have quite a few spares. Defiantly not $100. Not even 1/2 that. They are available in Aus

Back