Carbs bursts turning off ignition

Pete, just shoot the paypal anytime if you need some Fundings, ill be glad to chip in. ;) Im sure Carbon could help out with the testing. ;)

Well, that's the best offer I've had all day! :D But, it's not the cost because that's already been taken care of. I was also waiting for some field results from a companion project, the Honda CB350 because I will use the E-Advancer from that project for the 277 because they are virtually identical. Those results are in now, and they seem to be good, so effectively I have used the CB350 as a beta test for the XS277 as far as the E-Advancer goes, but there are other issues with the 277.

My earlier work with the CB350 used fixed sensors and that was a problem because the E-Advancer is very dynamic and it actually produced advance numbers based on the velocity of the cam and in a 180 crank setup, the velocity is different for each piston as one of them has 270 cam degrees to slow down whereas the other has only 90 cam degrees to slow down, so their velocity was different when the magnets passed over the sensors. To compensate, you have to be able to adjust the sensors separately.

The XS277 has similar characteristics so the question is whether or not we can simply wire the E-Advancer into an existing 277 PAMCO with fixed sensors or do we have to go with adjustable sensors as we did with the CB350.

The E-Advancer also requires a 60 degree rotor, so as a minimum the 90 degree 277 rotor will have to be replaced. What this means is that the introduction of the PAMCO 277 E-Advancer may not be possible to retrofit to an existing 277 setup but require a purchase of a whole new system except for the coils and that, of course, will effect sales as a lot of people would like to retrofit the E-Advancer to their existing 277 bike.

So, we will send a Beta 277 E-Advancer system to that all night rider down in FT. Myers and let him sort it out, that is, when he is not riding which is 24/7...:doh:

When You are ready Pete just PM me and I'll give you my info.
I'm sure You have a plan of attack, If not we will make a plan together.
I'll document everything, I'll shoot video as a part of that process.
:thumbsup:

Back