Wanted - Custom Battery Box

aliissari

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in need of a custom battery / electronics box. It would house a battery, fuse block, possibly the reg/rec on the exterior and maybe an ignition. And I'd like the box to go under the seat.

I have an '81 with a custom seat/pan, no side covers or air boxes, and the battery is 4 1/4" long x 1 1/4" deep x 3 3/4" high.

If you have something that could work or if you can build something that could work please DM me.

Thanks!

Any pictures of the location. Fake oil tank comes to mind. I'm going to cut up an old one in a few days. I'll send pics. Electrics on one side, important papers on the other.

Try here Cognitomoto.com

Attachments

• battery box.jpg
    battery box.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 152
Do they make one for the XS650 now? I was so stoked the first time I found their site only to realze all their battery boxes were for Honda's.
Look up custom octogon shaped oil tanks on like ebay, craigslist, or any other places as such. I wouldn't buy a new one to cut it up!

I'm sorry. Any fabrication shop can make you what you want if you're willing to pay for it. I'm making one from an old oil tank that has the battery box welded into it. Like i stated, electrics on 1 side, paperwork and such on the other. Ill get some pics of where it's at tomorrow.

Inserts weled in and all thread in also. One side for registration and such the other for wires. All it takes is time and imagination and willing to do the work.

Back