Custom bike version 3.1, not again!

Yamaha_chop

Fabricator Extraordinare
Reaction score
Hey guys, yep, I can't help myself.
I liked certain aspects of the hardtail chop I built, but I'm kind of over that scene. I haven't taken great care of the bike because of that, and the last time I rode the thing it just depressed me because it's all dirty and not finished very nice. Soooo, seems how I just got my new to me Buell I need to thin the herd a bit. Unfortunately I didn't think the chop would sell very well in its current condition. So, in my usual poor judgement I've decided to redo it for the 3rd time! This time in the current style that I favor (Streetfighterish)
Hopefully once this bike is finished I'll get a decent price for it, to help offset the cost of the new bike. I've got a bunch of other bike parts that I was going to use for a future project that I can sell to help finance some of the items I'm going to need for this build.

Anyway, sorry for the babbling, here's a short timeline of the bike's history:

Original:

HPIM1411.jpg

1st version, looked pretty nice at this time:

100_2544.jpg

2nd version, Kind of done quick and dirty:

DSCF1714.jpg

And now it's time to do up right for some lucky new owner :bike:

DSCN1723.jpg

Chop chop

DSCN1737.jpg

Originally I was thinking of using an '08 R6 swingarm with the F3 wheels I've got, but the proportions just weren't right:

DSCN1726.jpg

Honda cl175 tank, 1125R rear shock, superbike bars, custom swingarm, revamped motor, sportster seat, ect....

DSCN1733.jpg

DSCN1728.jpg

DSCN1732.jpg

Should be a really fun bike when put together, and much more practical than most of my builds :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking, questions and comments appreciated, good or bad.
Sky

DSCN1741.jpg

Snug as bugs in a rug.....

Yea, I'm really hoping to get rolling on this one quickly. Don't want to waste a bunch of time here.

I was thinking the XS faithful on this board would be happy, as this is the third time I've cut up the same bike, instead of chopping up a new XS each time ;) It's the XS version of going green.

I had to do some more frame surgery before I could start rebuilding. But I feel like I did get some progress done this weekend.

I decided that since I've chopped up a few XS frames in my day that I'd make this new one an homage to the original. Of course it had to be much wider to fit the rear tire, but it has similarities. I'm even going to put a dovetail loop at the end of the upper bars :)

Check the pics, feedback is good, positive or negative.
thanks
Sky

DSCN1801.jpg

DSCN1803.jpg

DSCN1808.jpg

DSCN1809.jpg

DSCN1810.jpg

exhaust will be reworked a bit for a different look, also don't want exhaust blowing right where your feet will be. Still not decided on where to put the battery yet.
As you can tell this is just a prelim look but I think it'll shape up pretty well.

Idk, you got skills, and am sure anything you do now will be sweet, but i think it will never look as good as in its first version.
If your going street fighter, and think is too chunky, (i do too) swap the rear with a slimmer wheel, and get a narrower seat.
and mount the silencer high!

Thumbs up. Like it. There's my .02 cents worth. Like the clunkiness of the wide rear tire and wide inverted forks. The seat and tank seem to go remarkably well together.

The seat and tank seem to go remarkably well together.

I like to think I've got an eye for disparate parts that go together ;)

Haha, That big wheel is cracking me up. Well I'm glad to see a positive response to the bike. It definitely is different. And remember it'll be for sale when done! :thumbsup::laugh:

Hopefully more updates this weekend. I've been busy trying to wire up our new bedroom addition. Why does house stuff take priority??? Ah yes, happy wife happy life..... :laugh:

I vote for single sided swing arm. Yeah, the for sale part makes this interesting... You can USPS large box it to KC, right? :D

Back