Custom bike version 3.1, not again!

What can I say, I was camping :laugh:

I had hoped to get more done, but it's coming together pretty well.

First I focused on mounting the tank. Turned up some bungs on the lathe.

DSCF1888.jpg

Used some poly bushing I had around, turned them down a bit, and it's a perfect fit.

DSCF1890.jpg

Mounted the rear of the tank simply-

DSCF1891.jpg

Worked on finishing the dovetail on the rear of the frame.

DSCF1892.jpg

Very happy with the angle of it as it matches up well with the seat.

DSCF1897.jpg

Next I worked on the swingarm pivot.

DSCF1904.jpg

Made a quick tool for it.

DSCF1903.jpg

DSCF1893.jpg

DSCF1895.jpg

DSCF1894.jpg

DSCF1902.jpg

DSCF1898.jpg

It's coming together, and I'm pretty happy so far. Hopefully I can start on the swingarm itself when I get back from my work trip.

Thanks for looking everyone!
Sky

Haha :)

Opinions? I'm planning on making a short cowling coming off of the back of the seat just to balance things out. What do you think?

So I bit the bullet and decided to make up the axle plates I needed myself. Took awhile, but I think they are going to work.

swingarmpictures009.jpg

Bored out the stock axle adjusters to fit the larger axle:

swingarmpictures010.jpg

Got started on the swingarm itself. So far I've got the main bars in place, and the overrider bar is tacked in place. Still need to add a few more braces and set up the shock mount, then it's a rolling chassis and I get roll it off my lift and get some maintenance done on my other bikes.

swingarmpictures001-1.jpg

swingarmpictures002-1.jpg

swingarmpictures005.jpg

swingarmpictures008.jpg

Hopefully I'll get back out there tomorrow and get it on its own two wheels and get some pictures outside.

As always, lemme know whatcha think, good or bad.
thanks
Sky

That looks like poo! I think you should ship it down to me and let me have a crack at it. Just kidding of course. That is looking pretty sweet, I love the chunky look of the rear section. Keep up the great work.

Thanks guys!

Mission Accomplished! Got her on her own two wheels today. Oh yeah! And the best part is that the suspension works perfectly! I wasn't sure I was going to have the right leverage ratio with this shock, but it couldn't have turned out better. I have to say, I'm really enjoying building this bike. It's such a simpler design than what I normally build, but that seems to be helping the look. Unfortunately I have to let it go when it's done........Or do I?

DSCN1855.jpg

DSCN1854.jpg

DSCN1853.jpg

DSCN1858.jpg

DSCN1856.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Sky

I didn't log onto the forum for two weeks just so when I came back I could see an update to this thread. Definitely not disappointed.

Maybe it's just me, but this thing is screaming for clip-ons.

Don't tempt me. I have a set I could put on there, but while I'm a sucker for clip-ons myself, the whole point of this bike is to sell it when I'm done and I think the clip-ons will just make the riding position a little too aggressive.

Don't tempt me. I have a set I could put on there, but while I'm a sucker for clip-ons myself, the whole point of this bike is to sell it when I'm done and I think the clip-ons will just make the riding position a little too aggressive.

Again, maybe it's just me, but everything about this bike screams Aggressive. :D

I'm sure you have nothing better to do, but if you get bored and happen to take a picture of it with clip-ons...

so nice ,this could be your best build yet. just my 2 cents.this one should land front page on a cycle magazine.

c'mon... just slip 'em on... just a little... just to see how it feels...

Back