Do we care about the enviroment !!! ????

Those posts were almost always provocations just like the one above. And were deleted ALONG with the posts YOU found so offense you had to provoke in an effort to GET them deleted.
Yeah I caught that.
Now that this thread has served it's purpose perhaps YOU should delete it?

Is that what you wanted or want?

Yes its 3.30am here and i am having health issues keeping me awake........start work in an hour and 1/2, with any luck i might get an hour in before i have to get up.
I'm sorry. That's awful. Through experience, I know just how miserable that is. Peace.

Your thread skull do you believe in (follow) the forum rules or no?

long time ago now.

A thread was getting hijacked and going nowhere and when someone complained and stated the tread needs to be shut down, your comment was that once a thread was started the OP doesn't own the content or have the right to shut it down.

By the way it wasn't my thread or me making the complaint.

if you as moderator want to delete the thread, because of whatever reason you want, it is your choice

long time ago now.

A thread was getting hijacked and going nowhere and when someone complained and stated the tread needs to be shut down, your comment was that once a thread was started the OP doesn't own the content or have the right to shut it down.

By the way it wasn't my thread or me making the complaint.

point me to the thread, we can discuss my reasoning. I vaguely recollect the problem was answers given didn't agree with the OPs desired course of action. Typical in no front brake threads, to cite an XS650 related subject.
Note I left your provocative posts up in the joke thread when you saw a post you felt was overly political and did not report but doubled down instead.
I hope you get some sleep. I tend to watch automated newscasts when I can't sleep the repetition does it for me.

No idea where the thread is now......it was yonks ago. Just remember the point about a OP doesn't control the thread. Heshe can ask for it to be kept on track and ask hijacks to be on point

To late for the sleep now. Start work in 20min.

Be careful today!
error on the side of caution.
A photo from an Arborists forum, was late in the day, light failing, 34 years in the woods without an accident. Chainsaw bar tip caught on a log he didn't notice while sawing into another. He got hit by the bar and chain as it was flung upwards in an instant. A pair of glasses saved his eye. The automatic chain brake prolly saved his life.
img_1628-png.947028

If you're not a sawyer; modern saws have automatic chain brakes, when the saw blade gets flung upward an inertial activated clutch STOPS the chain.

Last edited:
One of the wackiest conspiracy coronavirus theories to recently pass across my screen was that it's being used as a population control by sterilising males in the long term.
Oh, how I wish that were true.
In a century, we could be down to a couple of billion pop and the Earth would breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Yes its 3.30am here and i am having health issues keeping me awake........start work in an hour and 1/2, with any luck i might get an hour in before i have to get up.

A personal observation that I've made in the last so many years is that closing the eyes doesn't immediately turn them off, and turning them off is absolutely necessary to fall asleep.

A personal observation that I've made in the last so many years is that closing the eyes doesn't immediately turn them off, and turning them off is absolutely necessary to fall asleep.

It was a physical problem that can take a short or longer time to settle down. Impossible to lie down when it is happening.

if I'm having trouble getting to sleep because my mind is to active or dwelling on something, I have learnt to clear my mind. Its a strange thing while clearing the mind of thoughts your still thinking about doing it, (and putting that thought out of your mind as well).....but still not thinking because your mind is blank/clear.

Last edited:
One of the wackiest conspiracy coronavirus theories to recently pass across my screen was that it's being used as a population control by sterilising males in the long term.
Oh, how I wish that were true.
In a century, we could be down to a couple of billion pop and the Earth would breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Not to get into the Covid issue...........but if something like a pandemic is going to affect population reproduction then it does have a side affect on the environment.

Covid-19 is causing ED in males for several reasons, one of them is blood vessel damage to the penis caused by the virus.
https://healthcare.utah.edu/healthfeed/postings/2021/09/covid-and-erectile-dysfunction.php.

Yes nothing like taking the truth and making a conspiracy theory and blaming another part of the population for creating the problem

Toyota builds its first-ever wholly owned battery plant.
Guess where?

https://www.morningbrew.com/emergin...8081bf128e3d48fb&uid=QuPzLDNSzgmu7veme9MmKuU7

Until battery/car manufacturers make them a universal fit for all makes and models of cars the pollution to the environment will not have the long term savings that could possibly be made

Here is a good article on the real cost of building an EV.....Like all vehicles if the maintenance isn't done right the car will cost more environmentally.
And we all know that vehicle owners are all fastidious about maintaining their vehicles to top notch condition:whistle:
https://get-green-now.com/environmental-impact-electric-vehicle-batteries/

An extract from above link.
Life Cycle Analysis Comparison: Electric Vs. Gasoline Vehicles
According to a report from the Union of Concerned Scientists, the production of a full-sized long-range electric vehicle (similar to a Tesla Model S) adds about 6 tons of CO2 equivalent emissions, 68% higher than the production of a comparable gasoline car.
Most of these increased emissions come from battery manufacturing and resource extraction for the battery.

However, even with increased manufacturing emissions, the average EV is still better for the environment than a comparable gas car when you consider their lifetime CO2 eqiuvalent emissions in the United States (this includes the disposal/recycling phases).

It’s important to note that a new gasoline car is greener than a new electric car out-of-the-lot. However, the longer you drive an EV, the more environmentally friendly it gets, because the increased manufacturing emissions are quickly offset by reduced emissions from driving on electricity instead of gasoline.

Overall, it takes about 19,000 miles (16 months) of driving to offset the increased emissions from the production of an EV equivalent to the Tesla Model S. For smaller EVs like the Nissan Leaf, this time is even less (~4,900 miles).

To create a lithium battery, you need lithium carbonate. This concentrated material comes as the result of refining a raw “soup” of lithium-containing salts in evaporation pools.

Pools of mineral-rich brine (water with high concentrations of salt) are left to evaporate until the solid salts can be filtered out. The process is water-intensive, using up to 500,000 gallons of water per ton of lithium carbonate produced.

Making matters worse, the process of refining lithium also uses toxic chemicals like hydrochloric acid, which can leach into local ecosystems and habitats.

Researchers in Nevada found that pollution from mining chemicals had effects on fish as far as 150 miles downstream from a lithium mining operation.
Dead-fish-in-the-Lichu-River-e1593980361657.jpg

The chemicals and mining processes used inevitably lead to water, soil, and air pollution, with major implications for the surrounding landscapes and ecosystems.

Some more problems with lithium batteries........
https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/renewable/the-environmental-impact-of-lithium-batteries/

Extract fro link above
In Australia, only two percent of the country’s 3,300 metric tons of lithium-ion waste is recycled. Unwanted MP3 players and laptops often end up in landfills, where metals from the electrodes and ionic fluids from the electrolyte can leak into the environment.

Because lithium cathodes degrade over time, they cannot be placed into new batteries. Researchers are using robotics technology developed for nuclear power plants to find ways to remove and dismantle lithium-ion cells from electric vehicles. There have been a number of fires at recycling plants where lithium-ion batteries have been stored improperly, or disguised as lead-acid batteries and put through a crusher. Not only have these batteries burned at recycling plants, but auto makers are seeing battery-related fires leading to vehicle recalls and safety probes. In October, U.S. safety regulators opened a probe into more than 77,000 electric Chevy Bolts after two owners complained of fires that appeared to have begun under the back seat where the battery is located.

Because manufacturers are secretive about what goes into their batteries, it makes it harder to recycle them properly. Currently, recovered cells are usually shredded, creating a mixture of metal that can then be separated using pyrometallurgical techniques—burning—which wastes a lot of the lithium. Alternative techniques, including biological recycling where bacteria are used to process the materials, and hydrometallurgical techniques which use solutions of chemicals in a similar way to how lithium is extracted from brine are being investigated.

Back