Electronic ignition

hey guys just thought I would chime in here again, I have over 2000 miles on a tytronic ignition now, the first 100 mine it started to quit when really hot, BUT i finally figured out what it was, the "rotor" in the middle is a little to tall so the magnets are further out of if on the bike they are further left , and actually they can be recessed a good 4 mm or more, what i did was take a small amount of the bottom of the rotor or the side that sits against the engine and then just put an extra washer on the out side,(make sure the washer has a big enuf I.D, so as that it fits around the advance rod because it is slightly larger just past the threads,

you can just use a belt sander or grinder if you have a good eye, but if anyone ere that had purchased ne from me, I would be glad to chuck it up in the lathe and take some off for you,

I have this set up on three bikes now, and I cant say for sure ut it seems that it can rev out further than stock, obviously you need enuf fuel IE carbbys and timing to do so, I also played around by buying 2mm x 2mm magnets and making my own rotors, and changing the DWELL or coil charge time.. because the way they work is the first magnet passes the sensor and starts the procces and the second magnet finishes it and the coil fires,

I do think its funny with all the Chinese manufactures that have over the years stollen and copied American parts, and now the opposite is happening, there is more than one compan making these that say "made in the usa" but the truth is the sensors are mass produced in China so they are actually assembled in the usa if anything at all, it may be that they make the spiffy container it comes in and thats all, and then they can say made in America, anyone can easily contact a Chinese manufacturer and make a deal to have 1000 or 5000 items made for pennies on the dollar,

Last edited:
Looks similar to a $120 tytronics, just say'n
http://www.tytronic.com/tytronic/products/7797124.html
View attachment 187019
CED4D6F4-CEAB-4C81-A04A-EAB9669C5193_grande.png
THANKS, I ORDERED ONE FOR MY 1981 XS650 YAMAHA. GOOD DEAL!! TOM IN PORTLAND OR

I bought an electronic ignition system from rawhide back in November already and they still haven’t shipped it out. I’m starting to think these guys might be a scam

I bought an electronic ignition system from rawhide back in November already and they still haven’t shipped it out. I’m starting to think these guys might be a scam
Lowbrow Customs listed it NIS, last I looked. Rawhide probably isn’t a scam. Perhaps they took your money without product on hand. I just hope you get it and it doesn’t turn out to be the same junk as XS Charge. Keep us posted.

Back