experience

xs650nutt

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
might seem stupid to some but what is the deal with people basing experience/knowledge with post count?!?!

FUCKS ME RIGHT OFF

rant over;):thumbsup:

Oh I don't know, seems OK to me. :laugh:
Uh,
cool ride :D
Way to go :D
Hey that looks great. :D

It's the web what else can you use to base (does this guy know what he's talking about) judgment on? Some forums have a thanks given, gotten score kept for posters...............

you get what i mean dude, i keep my fingers off the keyboard unless i can add to the conversation, same as real life i guess. plus i NEVER really ask questions unless im making a point, thats what the search is for. its just you try to help someone and they check your post count and blah blah blah.
ive been lurking here for god knows how long, and only decided to sign up coz i wanted to check out some of the pictures.

im gonna shut up and go to bed now, wanna keep my post count to about 50 post per 5 year period;)

Oh I don't know, seems OK to me. :laugh:
Uh,
cool ride :D
Way to go :D
Hey that looks great. :D

It's the web what else can you use to base (does this guy know what he's talking about) judgment on? Some forums have a thanks given, gotten score kept for posters...............

Some people think there is status or privilege that goes with a high post count and post whether they can contibute anything or not. Something like listing all your bikes after your signature when they're totally unrelated to the XS. I've always wondered why they show post count at all when it really just contributes to frivolous posts. Just sayin'...doesn't really bother me at all either way, I apppreciate those who do post and share their wisdom.

spot on feliz;) dude, is that your bike in your avatar? youre not thinking of chopping it are you?

Could have keep your post count down by posting this thread in the lounge where it belongs, also this thread has no relivence to the XS either.

feliz, Posting your XSmodel has a lot of benifits, Helps the helpers to give answers based on the model or year. Nothing worse than a question from a newb, with no details about wha tXS they have and they expect you to know.

Last edited:
Could have keep your post count down by posting this thread in the lounge where it belongs, also this thread has no relivence to the XS either.

feliz, Posting your XSmodel has a lot of benifits, Helps the helpers to give answers based on the model or year. Nothing worse than a question from a newb, with no details about wha tXS they have and they expect you to know.

cant argue with that, could a mod please delete or move this thread.

:thumbsup:

I'm not even sure of my post count, and I don't know much... But ,I did meet Jack this week, so I guess you can say I know Jack :)

Skull, I was refering to people listing bikes other than XS's, such as:

2001 Kawasaki W650
2009 Sukuki Bandit 1250
1977 Kawasaki KZ400
1971 Norton Commando
2005 Ural Patrol
1975 Yamaha XS650

Obviously any XS is relevant!!

The two posts that you Quoted are more in the vein of humor. I think a bit of humor can often make you take a step back so you can get a better look at what your trouble really is.
If all that was on here was just the facts it would get a bit boring.
Lighten up have some fun.
You are right about post count not always being the best way to choose the person you listen to. Thats where the search can be handy. If you want to check someone out, search their posts, read them, do the responces answer the questions?
If the persons responces fix things more than they don't then there's a good chance they have a bit of knowledge.
I even get lucky now and then and help someone.
Leo

sence I can't count or spell I just base the answers to my questions by the responces that are given. not by there post count. But in all honesty if someone has 1000+ posts here they just might know what there are talking about :doh:

My post count is not important to me. Being in the company of XS'ers is. I enjoy, trying to, help and trying to add something that maybe was overlooked or to put another look on it. My post count is probably more questions then answers.

Yes, I agree................post counts mean nothing. I'd say posts counts should be eliminated, as they have no value. Anyone can post a large quantity of posts, but the content may not answer the question and may be of little or no value.

I think we all know why there is a post count.

If you look at the bottom of the page, you find "XS650 Statistics", with such things as # of threads, # of posts. #of members. The internet uses these "hits", or "eyeballs" as a measure of activity. Travis likes to see big numbers, so that he can sell more advertising. Like everything in this world, it always come down to money.

Members selling products, such as Pamcopete and Punkskalar, also like to see big numbers, because it generates more customers for them.

Advertizers are always skeptical, because they never really know if 1000 eyeballs generate 20 sales or 200 sales.

In capitalism, numbers count ( pun not intended).

Back