experience

Yep, ratings based on post count lead to the behavior commonly known as "post whoring." BTW, admin, what's that "junkie" label? I don't have a problem, I can quit any time I want to.

I belonged to a metal detecting forum, treasurenet.com. Take a look at some of their members post counts. "You ain't above 10K, you ain't nobody!"

Post count is just that, the number of posts that an individual has made. Post counts have nothing to do with quality of the knowledge given by that person. It's the internet people, everything is suspect.

I do take into consideration the amount of posts, when answering questions or using the classifieds.

If a poster is selling something and it is a first post without pics or much of an explaination i will question them and treat them with caution. An established poster has more cred, but even then i will look up their posts to try to gauge who i am dealing with

just came back to this thread after forgeting about it, you guys have re affirmed my faith in this form, just annoys me when i post a suggestion or question and its ignored till someone with higher post count comes along later and re asks it! oh well back to building me bike;)

Getting questions answered often depends on the OPs attitude. If the question is reasonable, detailed enough to make sense, and the poster shows they have done the legwork to find existing possible answers, the likely hood of good answers goes way up.
Questions like It won't start and I can rebuild a Harley in my sleep don't get much response.
Questions like; 81 special, stock pipes KN pod filter, off idle stumble, I overhauled carbs using the carb guide. What do I do next? help posters make relevant comments.
Don't know what brought this up in the first place but that's my story. Also worth noting is the time difference makes a difference. This forum has an awesome world wide membership however many of the "gurus" on this forum are US based so posts at 3AM US time may not get the fast response like ones at 7PM US when a bunch of guys are kicking back on the couch to see wazup on the forum?

Don't mind me......I'm just waiting for my new sprockets( 17/32 from 650 Central)...I have the new chain......I'm not post whoreing.....I'm not, I tell you.......LOL

Back