First build, all ideas, recommendations welcome guys.

wmarsh4

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so this is my first build, my bike is in my uncles basement, buying it within 2 weeks, taking all ideas and recommendations on which hardtail to use, how much stretch, rake, etc. Posting pics of your setup would be awesome but just replies help to. Anybody and everybody welcome, my whole build will be on here, start to finish.Thanks for the help.. Will also have ALOT of stock parts from the bike once I get it, all parts will be dirt cheap or possibly free, maybe willing to ship if you pay the cost.
Thanks.

Posted via Mobile

As far as the hardtail goes how quickly do you want it? Ardcore makes a really nice hardtail that is very easy to install but it takes quite a while to get one (I think they have been running about 13 weeks right now) if you want it quick TC Bros may be your best bet.

I Like the ardcore and I think there in indy, bout less than 2 hrs from me, if pickup is available quicker, tc bros is about 4-5 hrs north of me, I like the look they have going on a little better, im 6'1" so im not sure if I need a stretch if so how much would you recommend with a possibily of a "chick" pad?

And for it comin out of his basement hes ready to let it go. I just sold a honda for him a while back he wants clean up.
Thanks guys.

Everyone post pics or thoughts there all welcome in this thread, just show off your bike if that's what you wanna do.

Posted via Mobile

I'm 6'1" so im not sure if I need a stretch if so how much would you recommend with a possibily of a "chick" pad?

Warning, old school old guy entering room. I'm 5'-11", ran with 3.5" stretch, 50° rake, still a bit snug, old school E&S seat (very similar to current Scorpion and Le Pera). Ladies fit fine...

Attachments

• XS1B-a2.jpg
    XS1B-a2.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 140
Warning, old school old guy entering room. I'm 5'-11", ran with 3.5" stretch, 50° rake, still a bit snug, old school E&S seat very similar to current Scorpion and Le Pera). Ladies fit fine...

Ok I was thinking of going with 4 but I wasnt to sure on rather or not it would weakin the frame at all. I'm about 180 she's around 120,. Don't wanna be ridin down the rd, and end up snappin and us end up dien ha. I appreciate it, seat im wanting the chick pad to be optional to remove it, so designin a custom solo then gonna see what I can whip up when I get to it. Do you have a pic of your bike all together?
Thanks for you help to, I appreciate it.

Posted via Mobile

All together? I don't think we had cameras back then. I weighed 155, she 112-1/2. Not shown is the sissybar pad. It was snug, but that wasn't a bad thing, she was my backpad. If you lookup Scorpion seats or LaPera seats, you'll see that they're 2-piece...

All together? I don't think we had cameras back then. I weighed 155, she 112-1/2. Not shown is the sissybar pad. It was snug, but that wasn't a bad thing, she was my backpad. If you lookup Scorpion seats or LaPera seats, you'll see that they're 2-piece...

Lol ill be looking them up when I get some free time after while, I like the solo alot, ill check those seats out and post my thoughts.. anyone got a round up on what it would cost to rebuild a whole motor on the xs650. Or just a top end estimate if I did the rebuild myself? Sorry for all the questions guys, just trying to get alot figured out before the start.
Thanks

Posted via Mobile

Back