Foot rest interchangeability by years?

krob

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
My stock right side foot rest is quite bent. There are many available for cheap so I am going to purchase a new/used foot rest. My bike year is 1979. What year of foot rests will not fit my bike? I dont want to buy something that will not work. Thanks

My stock right side foot rest is quite bent. There are many available for cheap so I am going to purchase a new/used foot rest. My bike year is 1979. What year of foot rests will not fit my bike? I dont want to buy something that will not work. Thanks
Hi krob,
not sure about the very early models but anything '74 or newer will fit. Some are black and some are chrome is the only difference.

I swapped out the painted foot pegs on my '77 Standard for a chrome Special set, mebbe '81.......never could get them as snug as the stock pegs, I mean they snugged down as far as the chrome nuts went but they always had a flex to them. Swapped them back, never looked any further into it. There may be a difference to the rubber inserts.

I think the chrome front foot peg started with the 78SE Specials and continued through to 83/4.

All Standards up to and including 79F were painted.

Back