Giant scale aircraft

I am Carbon

shade tree mechanic
Reaction score
one of my hobbies is building and flyin airplanes i'v love planes as long as I can remember I was a jet engine mech in the USMC and as i didn't want to live in a large city I didn't stsy in that trade. but I still luv them planes. So here is a couple of links to my stuff this is a 40% staudecker of mine scrach built
and here is a 40% 540 edge
an spitfire that I sold
B29 bonber with a 20 foot wingspan
and a Jet F100
this has a REAL TURBINE
well this is my hobbie ,Ed" I didn't build all these planes just thought I'd show some of my friends stuff too"

cool, what's the flight duration? Back in the day a bud had a 6 engine CONTROL LINE bomber. crazy stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumps
How fast will one of rc jets go?

200 mph +

I doubt the 200 mph very much. I am an avid R/Cer, and attend the Tucson jet Rally every year. Fastest clocked speed I've seen is 147mph out of a dive. I haven't heard of any official speed records that high either.

On another note here is a scale P-38 I built about 7 years back. Still unfinished in these pics.

005-1.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

I doubt the 200 mph very much. I am an avid R/Cer, and attend the Tucson jet Rally every year. Fastest clocked speed I've seen is 147mph out of a dive. I haven't heard of any official speed records that high either.

On another note here is a scale P-38 I built about 7 years back. Still unfinished in these pics.

005-1.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

nice looking P-38 I love them war birds

Thanks. The guy I sold that to has campiagned it and won quite a few awards. It was a five year on and off build. Soon as I get a couple motorcycles built, I want to start another war bird.

Very, very nice stuff thanks for sharing some beautiful builds and flying. I've been into RC modeling and flying for a long time but trailing far behind you in skill levels re both.
Great hobby! Super flying field and facility btw. You guys are spoiled rotten! Best, Blue

Back