Girards Build!

the wierd part is that it DID work. would not even kick hooked up to battery after i wired in that switch. the coincidence of it all is really messing with me. ive checked the wiring so many times tho and it looks good.

UPDATE:

ok so I've been having the expected hiccups with a fresh build. Had an issue with starting, thought it was the coil. It was not. It was not my headlight (which is causing another issue). What I have found is that I have to have my petcock off in order to start. The fuel pressure coming from the tank seems to be causing fuel to leak by causing a flooded condition. Anybody else have to start their bike with the petcock off? It seems like something must need to be replaced in the carbs, floats maybe? At least in the meantime, I know how to start the bike. My next issue is I can't idle with the headlight on. As soon as I turn it on, the bike dies, but if I'm riding or revving the light works fine. If I rev it, turn the light on, release throttle, you can see the light dim then it stalls the bike. Thinking maybe the cap? The PMA seems to be working properly as the lights DO work, just have to be revving. I measured volts at idle and it was 13V. I'm not sure what RPM i'm at as I no longer have a tach, which is turning out to be a bit of a pain. I would HIGHLY suggest anybody doing a build to keep their old tach at least until everything is tuned up haha. Live and learn. Anyway, has anybody else had this fuel issue?

Back